Friday, September 14, 2007

Fall Fun!


So today it really seemed like Fall. First, it was actually kind of chilly outside! (Although it is supposed to warm up again next week) We went to Eckert's Farm...which is only a few minutes from the base. It was ward playgroup with about 5 other moms, so Cooper was so excited to be with "friends!". We rode out to the orchards, and got to pick some really yummy apples. Andrew is less excited about the apples, since he got BRACES today! More about that later. But, he is expecting me to attempt his mom's apple pie...again. Anyway, Cooper was really into it...finding the best apples. Gunner had way too much fun picking all the apples up off the ground and throwing them like "baseballs!".


Everything was decorated so cute, and Cooper got way excited about the possibility of Halloween being around the corner. He loved posing at all the picture props saying, "Look mom, get a picture of me by this one!" Then he wants to see the picture immediately on the camera.


Then it was off to the "Fun Corral" where there is tons of FREE things to do. They had trikes, animals to feed and pet (Gunner loves animals...but they all bark), a sandbox, haybox, and even a 9-hole mini golf course (the boys' favorite). Cooper got a hole-in-one on one hole and was so excited. He likes to play golf on the Wii video game at home, so he kept asking me, "Mom, did I get par? Mom, I got a birdie!" Golf is not my strongpoint, so I just nod and wave. :)




The fun had to end though, and Cooper actually cooperated when it was time to go! It's a miracle! He even helped me get his brother to the car. Priceless!

14 comments:

The Bentley's said...

that sounds like so much fun!! we miss you! and such cute pictures. i love it
linds

Elise said...

Your pictures make me want to go apple picking! How fun! Hope you guys are doing well, looks like you're having lots of fun! Poor Andrew, getting braces as an adult is no fun (I was in college when I got mine) but somehow I still managed to trick Bren into marrying me, at least he doesn't have to worry about that right?!

The Atwood's said...

Cute collage. You have such cute kids.

510Jen said...

Looks like there is a to of fun things to do there. Hey to answer your questions the Dells are about 2 hours from us I heard they are way, Jason doesn't get much time off and when he does he is going to be interviewing. Chicago only 4 hrs we should meet up there sometime and get Michelle and go shoppin and to lunch. It is so good to see how you are doing!

Michelle Baird Designs said...

Those apple picking picture are so cute. Fall is the funnest time of year for apple picking, pumpkin patches, corn mazes. I love all that stuff and so do the kids. And, we'd love to have you any time if you want to visit Chi-town!

Brad, Tracee and Brooks said...

We are going to go apple picking soon too! I just LOVE it! I wish Gunner and Brooks could do it together because I know Brooks will say "baseball" the whole time too! I am so glad you found such a fun place in your new corner of the world!

Brad, Tracee and Brooks said...

P.S. the last picture is priceless!!

Carissa Poyfair said...

It looks like you all have so much fun. You are totally inspiring me to doing something more creative with my kids. I'm sure Olivia would rather go to to an orchard than Target yet again!

wurstens5 said...

Cute pictures. The boys look like such cute buddies.

THE CONDIE CLAN said...

Ah, I'm going to find an apple farm and make plans for this weekend. Looks like fun. I bet my boys will love it too!

Seriously... said...

Brady is going to the music settlement...and we're doing a co-op for carson with the lees, kofords, stelters and a new family (the schulers). Isn't blogging fun? It's so fun to see what you're up to (and I can't believe how big gunner is getting!) talk to you soon!
kendra

Matt and Adge said...

cassie, that looks like such a blast! any potential buddies in that playgroup? it's fun that you have something like that so close! we keep hearing about a place in Cali that we are interested in going to for some fall fun :). as fall gets closer i keep thinking of all the fun fall things we did the last few years with our boys. remember that lame bird class out in mentor?? fun memories! miss you!!

gregandlaura said...

This picture is so precious! I can't believe how big they are!

Lynnette said...

These pictures are darling and I love the apple picking. This is the small stuff that life is about and I love fall time for all these reasons! I wish we had a bit more seasons here in AZ but at least I can look at other's blogs and get the feeling of the season. Great to hear from you!