Friday, September 19, 2008

BeCkEtT {4 mOnTHs}

Yes... it is true... he is ALREADY 4 months old! 



Weighed in at 15 pounds 14 ounces.
  • Started the month out with your grandparents and cousins in Coeur d'Alene/Spokane.
  • Went to the NORTH IDAHO FAIR for your first time, where the Lee family runs the ELEPHANT EAR BOOTH. Proceeds will one day pay for your mission!
  • MOVED into our new house here at WHITEMAN AIR FORCE BASE near Kansas City. 
  • One thing we have discovered here -- you have ALLERGIES like your Dad. Hay fever has gotten you a little congested and coughing, especially at night, so we are giving you Benadryl.
  • Despite your allergies, you are still such a HAPPY BABY! You rarely cry, and have such a happy, smiley personality.
  • You GIGGLE all the time. Especially when mom tickles you. Your new fun thing this month is to "Jump! Shake your booty!".
  • Still SLEEPING in our room. Wake up 1-2 times a night for a brief snack. Starting to settle into more of a 2-3 NAP routine, rather than catnapping throughout the day.
  • Started PLAYING WITH YOUR FEET. Love to grab both of them and "tip" over.
  • PINWHEELING - what I call it when you roll on your side and then back over and over spinning yourself like a clock on the floor. You can actually end up fairly far across a room... or on opposite ends of your crib.
  • ROLL OVER - both back to front... then front to back... in the same day.
  • Regretfully, you have become a THUMB SUCKER. Although it does save us if we forget a binky.
  • Love your JUMP-A-ROO. It took you a few minutes to figure it out, but you get your rhythm going, and you love being up and looking around.

  • Continue to love your HORSEY on your car-seat. 
  • You SLOBBER a lot, spit up at least a little bit each feeding, love to bite my fingers... hard, and are a great burper.
  • Love to hold, grab, and chew little TOYS. Your favorite are the ones that squeak.
  • Get lots of hugs from your BROTHERS. 
  • Mom loves to chant, "Beckett Le-o, don't you know I love you so."
  • Only new nick-name this month is Marvin... when I know your hungry, or it's time to eat. (Short for Starvin' Marvin). 
  • Love the SWINGS at the park. We also put your whole carrier on the wagon to the park, and on the merry-go-round.
  • Didn't put sun-screen on your head one day. It was seriously only about 70 degrees... but the top of your little head got so SUNBURNT. I felt like SUCH a bad mom, and had to explain myself to everyone I saw the next few days. 
  • PUSHING UP on your hands when you're on your tummy.
I actually had a girl (Jaime Bell) say to me, "I didn't even know you had a baby for a few weeks after I met you. I know you must have carried him in and out of preschool, and had him on your arm during conversations, but he is seriously such a good baby I never even noticed him." We just feel bad sometimes when we forget to pay attention to you too, because you are always so content. We get the biggest grins when we change your diaper... like "FINALLY you are paying attention to me!" :) We are so blessed to have your sweet little spirit in our home, and you make us all smile. We want you to stay our chubby, squeezable, fun little baby forever! But you'll just keep growing... we can count on it. :)

10 comments:

Jeppsen's said...

Oh he is a CUTIE Sounds like everything is going well. and everyone is healthy for the most part. Love the pics Jen

Tiff Gatten said...

He is so huge!!!! I love the pic of him and you it's darling. You have a ton of energy. I watched my 4 moth old niece for a couple of days, and it about killed me. What a lot of work! I'd never make it as the mother of 4 or 5. Man, my hats off to those women.

Brynne said...

He IS such a good baby and such a cutie! I just want to squeeze those cheeks. I miss him! I love the pic of you and him at the end.

Matt and Adge said...

Wow...4 months! That went so fast! I love reading all about him. Especially since I haven't had a chance to meet him yet. And he's looking more and more like Cooper! SO cute!

Larry, Shanda, Aana, and Addison said...

Hey guys...I just found your blog and your new little guy is adorable. It looks like you have been busy but are doing well. We have a new blog if you click on the name on this post...it should take you to it. Have a great day!

Gatten Gang said...

He looks so much likeBretts baby picture...isn't that funny! Cade looks alot like AJ's baby pics. funny. Love you guys. We are all doing fine. did you figure out about the ichat?

Anonymous said...

oh is sooo cute. I can't believe how much he has grown

Rach Robb

Unknown said...

He is so cute Cassie! Time flies doesn't it? And the baby stage seems to go so much faster with each child. Are you enjoying three boys??

Ocasio Family said...

Hey Cassie! Wow, three boys? LOL! I want another boy, but all the kids are hoping for a girl. We will see. You will have to send me your email address so I can email you guys sometimes! Lots of love, Ami!

ocasio.family@hotmail.com

Michelle Baird Designs said...

He is so cute. Looks like you are enjoying your little man.