Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Fall Fun!

I too love this time of year! It has been fun to read all the posts of those who are excited for the changing weather too. Unfortunately, it is still upper 80s and humid here. I've heard the weather changes fast though.

So the following pictures are from the "Family Fun Days" at Eckert's Milstadt Farm.


They had so many fun things to do! They had a huge pumpkin cannon that shot pumpkins down this hill over a mile! They could change the angle and shoot over 600 feet in the air too! So cool...although the boys got a little scared. They also had some carnival rides, 9-hole mini golf, carnival games, lots of animals, a huge slide, a little ride through the apples behind a mini tractor, and when it got dark, a Haunted Hayride (Cooper's favorite). The boys had a lot of fun, and the best part was we got in for free from a military officer spouse VIP pass...and once you were in everything was free except food.


The pig races were Cooper's favorite. He got picked from the crowd to cheer for the "orange" pig for one of the races. His pig won, and he got a pig nose as a prize. He really got into cheering...and Gunner did too.

So for those of you who are wondering why Andrew's smile looks a little grey, it is because he got braces! Him and another resident did them on each other. If you can tell from this picture...there is one tooth next to his front middle teeth that is crooked. The good news is that he only has to have them for 6-months, and I have only been injured by them once! :)

14 comments:

Haley said...

Love the fall pictures!
That is so funny about the braces! Matt says he wants to get them to fix the tiny gap in his front teeth, but he thinks that if he gets them he will look even younger of a dentist then he already looks! I'd be scared to be injured too!!

Matt and Adge said...

Cass, you look like a babe in that picture! It seems like there is so much to do this time of year in St. Louis. Although, i think no matter where you lived, you'd find all of the fun things to do. I looks like you guys are having a great time. Tell Andrew congrats on the braces!

The Bentley's said...

how fun cass!!! and love the braces andrew:) very stylin!!! we miss you guys adn all the fun fall activities of cleveland!!!

Summer said...

Sounds so fun! Cooper is so funny with his pig nose on.

Thanks for your comment on my blog - I'm sorry to hear that you're struggling with Cooper too but it does help me feel more normal! Good Luck!

Sydney said...

Ah, fun times!

I'm getting braces next month! After years of being stared at day in and day out by my dentist:) I can't take it any longer. I'm going to get braces so I stop getting exams and suggestions!! We can be brace faces together:)

Carrie Anne said...

Look at you have tons of fun! That is awesome! Boy do your pictures make me miss the east. Cute family pictures!

Kristin said...

Cassie, it was so much fun to hear from you! Looks like you guys are having way too much fun out there! I can't believe how much your boys have grown in just the past couple of months-they're too cute! We miss you and your cute famiy out here!

Tracey said...

That place looks awesome Cassie, what a great opportunity!! We miss the "fall" but hopefully we can enjoy it through all of our friends who will get to experience it this year! I think not having winter is worth the trade off!

sara said...

Cute pictures. I think the pumpkin shooting would be so exciting for the boys. I know mine would love it. Looks like you had a fun weekend. Miss you guys!!

Carissa Poyfair said...

You guys always find the fun things to do around there. That festival looks like a lot of fun. I also love your scrapbook photo pages. How do you do that?! Your boys are so cute.

510Jen said...

Too many fun things to do. Wish Iowa was this fun. Braces? Jason wants them too. What is up with these dentists. He'll be glad when that is over with.

Elise said...

The fall is the best! We're loving it here too, it's beautiful! And it's fun to be an Indians fan right now, go tribe!

Brad, Tracee and Brooks said...

I'm so glad you found a fun farm there! I LOVE all of your pictures, especially the little piggy. I really miss my Cooper hugs! I LOVE the Fall! Although it is HOT here still too! I am really hoping that the crisp Fall weather comes soon. We were SO hot last night at the Indians game. Tell Andrew congrats on the braces-that's great. Be careful with the injuries!

wurstens5 said...

Cute pics. Cooper looks so cute with the pig nose. Fun Fun.