Thursday, December 6, 2007

Andrew is 30!!!


Can you believe all the fingers you need to make 30! Good thing we have a few kids around!

Andrew turned 30 on Saturday, and I just had to "take a moment and celebrate his age," as the Tim McGraw song puts it. It was fun to have his birthday on a Saturday, so we could have him to ourselves the whole day. The boys were so excited, especially Cooper, who gets so excited about anyone's birthday! As you can see from the pictures, he had to open his presents first thing in the morning...still in pajamas, because Cooper couldn't wait any longer. :)

For his gift we gave him different things (mostly the after-Thanksgiving specials:) ) to go along with the Tim McGraw song, "In my next 30 years". It was fun. The gifts were

"I'm gonna have some fun": PS2 NCAA Football '08
"Laugh a little more": DVD's Christmas Vacation & A Christmas Story
"I'm gonna watch my weight": winter workout clothes
"Eat a few more salads": Qdoba Gift Card
"Drink a little lemonade": Squirt Sparkling Lemonade
"Raise a little family": Bowling passes
"Hang out with my wife": chocolates
"Spend precious moments with the ones that I hold dear": digital picture frame/SD card

Cooper was so cute helping wrap the presents...and trying to keep them secret. The only one that got out was the "cool Christmas movie". We kept one present that was a surprise to Cooper too (a Wii video game), and he was pretty excited.

That afternoon, we went bowling at the alley on base and used some of our passes. The boys LOVE it, and it is so nice because it is less than a mile from our house and smoke free. Andrew won, and Gunner came in 2nd place with a 96 (with bumpers and a ramp...but still!)

For dinner, he picked J.Bucks. It was really yummy.

We love you Honey/Daddy! Can't wait to spend the "next 30 years" making more memories!

4 comments:

Matt and Adge said...

What a cute idea for a 30th birthday! You're so darn creative :). I'm glad you guys had such a fun day. That picture is adorable!

Happy Birthday, Andrew!

B-Hams said...

Happy, Happy Birthday! Cassie that is such a cute gift idea! I just give Tyler a large bag of M&M's and he is amuzed for hours!

B-Hams said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Bullocks said...

What a cute idea for Andrew's birthday, maybe I'll copy for Ryan's birthday, hopefully he won't read your blog and he'll just think I'm creative. So Barbra was telling me you were going to find out if you baby is a girl or a boy soon, so I'll keep tuning in on your blog to find out. that will be so fun. good luck. Katie