Thursday, December 6, 2007

Way of Lights


So our ward has a weekly email update that is so great...and they give us tips on things going on in the area. They had information about the "Way of Lights" at a Shrine close by. We weren't completely sold, but for free...we thought it would be a good FHE...even with the 25 minute drive.

Well, we were AMAZED!!! You stayed in your car for about a 10-minute drive through tunnels and tons of lights! They had scriptures posted along the side of the road as you drove and you basically followed the story of Jesus' birth. You see the shepherds, the 3 wise men on their camels, the city of Bethlehem, and then you can pull over and get out at the nativity, where they had Christmas music playing. I have never seen so many lights in my life! The pictures don't do it justice (especially because I didn't get out my camera until the end). Besides bruising my foot on a prayer bench while trying to take a picture of the boys...it was an amazing family home evening. It makes me wish we were going to live here longer so we could do it every year!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a great FHE! It's so fun to create traditions like these in our families isn't it? I always remember driving around with my parents in our jammies to look at the lights. We are doing it tonight for FHE. Have a wonderful Christmas season! Your family looks so happy!

The Atwood's said...

Those are great nighttime pictures, I really like them! Don't you just love Christmas?

The Bentley's said...

how neat cass,it's good to see people/cities still celebrating the true meaning of christmas and dthe savior. that's awesome!! p.s. i will email you later but we picked the games we want to try and catch.. love ya

Matt and Adge said...

that looks so neat, cass! it's fun to find activities like that to do around the holidays!

ashley said...

Hey! That looks like something we would have LOVED!! So you guys are in St. Louis right? How do you like it overall? Janae Pedersen and her hubby are going out there next weekend to check out a Podiatry residency! Oh ya by the way you give me way too much credit! I have been amazed by you many times!

wurstens5 said...

That looks like tons of fun. I was happy I was able to go to temple square this year. I love going to see christmas lights

ashley said...

Hey! It's janae.pedersen@gmail.com

The Bullocks said...

HI, those lights look so cool and how nice to get to stay in your car for a lot of it.
we are actually going to Utah on the 15th and will be back around Jan.5. I'm sorry I would have loved to do your hair.
so Barbra just called and told me what your having. I won't say just encase your wanting to surprise everyone. but congrats, that is exciting and will be so fun.
I just love Barbra. she's so fun.
ok so my e-mail is rkbbullock@hotmail.com thanks for sending me that info on the time out, lindsey has told me about the ones she's been to and I totally want to go. I hope you guys have a good Christmas, and I'm bumbed that we will miss you. Katie

gregandlaura said...

WOW! that looks awesome! I wish we had something like that close by! Oh - congrats on another boy!! I have a feeling I will be following in your footsteps. :)