Thursday, January 10, 2008

2007 Christmas Memories!

Well, we're finally back in St. Louis (welcomed by a flood in our house I might add! Good thing we're renting!). We spent 3 weeks visiting family in Spokane and Coeur d'Alene. Andrew was with us for 2 of the weeks. It was TONS of fun, and we miss everyone already! Here are some of the highlights of our trip:

*GATTEN FAMILY REUNION 12/23-12/29: 7 of 8 of my siblings, and their families (my brother Spike is on a mission in Brazil) gathered at a Resort in Hope, Idaho. There were 32 of us in 4, 2-bedroom condos, which made for craziness and lots of fun! The men cut down Christmas trees for each room, and we painted ornaments and strung popcorn and cranberries to decorate them. We spent our time swimming, working out (including my first attempt at yoga dance!), playing raquetball and late-night wallyball (so fun!). We went sledding (Cooper loved the jump), skiing, watched movies, did crafts, played games, and ate a ton! We also celebrated December and January birthdays (which included Andrew's 30th and Gunner's 2nd). Family Home Evening and Christmas Eve were so spiritual and fun. It was especially fun for me to watch the boys interact with all their cousins and become even better friends.

The whole "Gatten Gang"


All the cousins (and there's 3 more on the way!)


Oldest (right) to Youngest (left) of the Gatten parents and kids (except Spike, the youngest, on a mission). I love my brothers and sisters!


The married siblings and their spouses






*COOPER'S FIRST TIME SKIING!: Cooper was so anxious to ski! He got a private lesson from his Uncle Dusty. He just took off! It was so fun. I skiied with him and his cousin Noah the 2nd half the day, and it was so much fun! The conversations on the chair-lift were priceless.
Cooper: "Mom, you pretend to be Santa Clause, and I'll pretend to be a kid."
Mom: "Ok kid, what do you want for Christmas?"
Cooper: "A snowboard, because I already have these skiis (pointing down to the rentals)"
Too bad it was already Christmas Eve! He did a total of 2 trips down the little bunny hill and 9 trips down the big bunny hill. He was zooming past teenagers and adults who were learning saying, "I'm so fast like a snowmobile!" His other favorite was jumping on his skiis so he could "go faster". The only time he cried the whole day was when the guy told him the chair-lift was closing. So fun! I am excited to live closer to skiing someday and have a ski partner. It melted my heart! That night, when we were talking about opening presents the next morning, he said, "And then, after we open our presents, we can go skiing again?!" So fun! Pictures will have to come later since I didn't have my own camera up there.

*CHRISTMAS MORNING: My brother took his family home for Christmas morning at their own house, so we had the condo to ourselves. It was so fun. Cooper loved putting cookies out for Santa and talking about him coming down the chimney. They both had so much fun Christmas morning! Cooper's favorites...his Cranium Carnival Clubhouse and Spiderman blow-up punching bag from Santa, his pinball game from Nana and Papa, his Wii game from Gma and Gpa, and his "Life Saver" (light saber). Gunner's favorites were Santa's leftover cookies (the first thing he ran to), his McQueen tent and pillow from Santa, his play piggy-bank and light saber from us, and his "Scooby-Doo Where Are You? cars" from Cooper.



*GUNNER'S 2ND BIRTHDAY PARTY!: Yes, he is now officially 2, although the fits started a couple months ago! We celebrated at Chuck E. Cheese with Gpa and Gma Larson and the Waite family (Andrew's sister). He loved his "Cars" party and playing all the games with cousins. He also loved the "bite" out of the cupcake after he blew out his candles (a family tradition). He has also started to create some mischeif with his best friend/cousin, Ella. They spilled a can of paint in my mom's basement, and Gunner broke a big glass bowl in my parents room! He also loves to boss people around and wrestle (which girls aren't that into, but he hasn't learned that yet). He is such a cutie though, and we'll post more about him later.




*FUN WITH THE WAITE'S AND GMA AND GPA: Our week in Spokane was filled with fun thanks to Andrew's parents and sister, Artie's family. Cooper loved going to his "friend's house". We went bowling, ate out, went to a movie, and more! Cooper also visited his cousin, Tate, at preschool and loved it!. It was a busy, fun week. We also got to be there for our nephew Tyler's baptism!



*OUR BELATED ANNIVERSARY: Part of my Christmas present from Andrew was an overnight to a jacuzzi suite in Coeurd'Alene, while his parents watched our kids. It was so fun to finally celebrate our 7th anniversary that was actually in July while Andrew was at officer's training. We went to dinner, a movie, relaxed!, and went to lunch the next day. What fun!

*EATING!: Between reunion meals together, junk food, neighbor treats, Hudson's Hamburgers, Cafe Chulo, PF Changs, Thrifty Scotts, Taco Time, Toro Viejo, Pau Pau's Kitchen, Gma's Ham and Prime Rib dinner's, etc. etc, we were NEVER HUNGRY!

*READING "TWILIGHT": Yes, I finally did it...in 2 days. Thanks everyone for the suggestion, and for watching my kids while I read! :) Now I'll have to neglect my family and read the next 2. :)

*SISTERS: Thanks Brynne for coloring and cutting my hair (I went dark!), and for the company. I love my sisters and sister-in-laws, and can't wait to live closer to them. Mikin, thanks for bringing your kiddos over to play too!

9 comments:

The Atwood's said...

I almost didn't recognize you in those family pictures with your hair so dark. It's really cute! Plus, you guys look alot alike. You have a cute family. I replied to you on my blog (wasn't sure if you would get the reply or not). I hope your pregnancy is going well and your not too sick! There are a few people pregnant here (you know how that goes) who aren't even sick. I don't think it's fair but I'm glad someone can enjoy it. Hopefully you are one of them.

Michelle Baird Designs said...

Welcome back. I've been waiting for a new post. Looks like the holidays were so fun. You guys did a lot of awesome things...Cooper skiing. Very cool! Sorry about the flooding. That stinks, but like you said, at least you are renting.
Michelle

The Bentley's said...

how fun cass!! sounds like you were busy!! your hair looks so cute! are you loving it? it looks soooo good! can't wait to talke!

Morgan Greaves said...

Cassie that looks like so much fun! What a cute...huge family! I finally have a blog so we will have to keep in touch. I love checking yours and seeing what is going on! morgangreaves.blogspot.com :)

510Jen said...

Looks like a great Christmas. I can't believe how big your family is. Your siblings and you look A TON alike I was trying to pick them out. I love your dark hair. Congrats on baby number three. Boys are the best. How is life?

Matt and Adge said...

what a fun vacation! it's neat to see pictures of your family all together. and your hair looks great dark!! i can't believe cooper went skiing...that's awesome! and gunner is getting so big. hearing about your getaway reminds me of last valentines day when we swapped babysitting and you guys scored the jacuzzi room and we didn't. i miss your family!

Sydney said...

You guys are a great looking family! What beautiful teeth you all have! Sounds like a great trip, hopefully you didn't have to much damage when you got home.

steph said...

Fun trip! That looks like so much fun with all those people. I remember one time you saying that your parents liked having that many kids, but they wouldn't recommend it for any of their kids to have that many. I don't know why I remember that, but I've always thought it was cute! Love the hair!

Tiff Gatten said...

Such cute pics! It looks like you had a wonderful time with the family. I wanna know how you do the cluster pics you have with the cute wording. Let me know, k? Here is my email if it's something that will take you a while to explain. stichntyme@hotmail.com