Tuesday, April 15, 2008

3 (or 2!) more weeks!


So I am officially 37 weeks...and I'm feeling it. :) Although the women love details, not sure if all the men that read this blog would appreciate me going into details about my comfort. :) Or lack of comfort. :) Also don't love the swelling of my feet/ankles/face/etc.

So I went to the doctor today, and (sorry for the details boys), I am officially "really, really soft", 60% effaced, and 1 cm dilated. He said I am "so soft" that once I start labor, I should dilate quickly. Better not be too quick for an epidural! :) Gunner did come a week early...so I hope this keeps up with tradition! :) I've gained about the same weight as I did with Gunner, and he was 8lbs 9oz...so I can tell he'll probably be big.

Names... the middle name will be Leo.... Andrew will decide the first name. :)

OK, enough gory details. The sun is shining more, the boys LOVE playing outside, I got a haircut and color today (always good therapy for me...see picture below), and our best friends from dental school, the Bentleys, are visiting this weekend!!! Lindsey gets here tomorrow, and we officially get 2 nights to ourselves at a nice hotel downtown. We'll be attending a conference for dental wives (and shopping, and eating, and talking...all the fun girl things!). Then her husband flies in, with all 3 of their kids, on Friday night (thanks for taking that on Chris!). The families will join us at the hotel, and we'll hit a baseball game, the Arch, and some other fun touristy things. They'll stay at our place a few nights too. We are SOOOOOOO excited!


I won't be curling it daily however...in fact it will probably be in a pony-tail most of the time. :)

19 comments:

Tiff Gatten said...

Cute hair. Girl, you are ALL BABY. So sorry you are not feeling the best. My sister is a week behind you, and I love to rub her "Buda belly". Best of luck to you, I know any of us that have given birth to a baby with Gatten blood know the pain of those huge babies. And, have that baby natural...trust me you'll feel so much better after. :) Can’t wait for the news.

Anonymous said...

wow cass, your so much different then when i saw you last. crazy how things change. i think your so cute. i love you and cant wait for you guys to pick beckett for the name!!
elder g

Carissa Poyfair said...

Cute hair cut! I love the color too. The curls are cute, but I can see how you wouldn't want to curl it all the time. It is really cute curled though. I love salon days, they really are therapeutic. Something about someone else washing my hair! Anyway, good luck with the next couple of weeks. Can't wait to see pictures of your new little guy!

Matt and Adge said...

yeah, cass! can't believe it's down to a couple of weeks. I'm not excited for that stage of pregnancy (besides the fact that it puts me closer to actually having a baby).

your hair looks SO cute! did you curl it yourself? way to go! love it!

have fun with the bentleys and other dental wives this week!!!

Haley said...

Have so much fun at the conference! Wish I could be there too...
And I think that you should just go natural with this baby if your doctor thinks you will dialate fast--you can do it!!!

Michelle Baird Designs said...

Hope you guys are having a FABULOUS time. How fun to have Lindsey in town. And, if you have this baby before you post again, GOOD LUCK. Can't wait to see pictures.

Tracey said...

Good luck with everything, I can't believe it's coming so soon! Your hair looks so cute, what a great thing to get done just in time for the baby! I hope everything goes well. I'm glad you survived the throw- up incident. I thought about your questions and I think the only comparably bad place to throw up is on an airplane. Then you are in close quarters, can't leave and people are rarely as helpful. Although one time when Hayden threw up all over me a nice flight attendant gave me her t-shirt! Oh the joys of being a mom!

wurstens5 said...

Your hair looks so cute. Nothing like getting pampered and looking good before you have to go through hours of labor. It has to make you feel good. Good luck.

katie said...

I can't believe your having a baby so soon! Did that fly by for you? CRAZY!! You look great, love your long dark hair! I will be praying for you to go into labor soon!! Have fun with the Bentleys-tell them hi!

montanawildflower said...

Cassie, you look so cute! And I love your hair. Good luck with everything upcoming. I'm hoping you've only got 2 more weeks.

Elise said...

Okay, I love your hair Cassie! And your baby belly pics are so cute! I just caught up and read your throw up story and almost started crying! No, I'm not pregnant, but that story just hits home for me lately, I'm glad everyone helped you out! Good luck these next few weeks and have so fun with Lindsey!

Rachel said...

I love the curls! Cute haircut. How fun that the Bentleys are coming to visit! You guys are going to have a blast! Hooray for being 60% effaced! Way to go!

Anonymous said...

Holy cuteness. cassie you look so dang cute. Are you still just having the one baby ( :

Luv ya (you hair looks awesome!

Rachel

Brynne said...

Cass! You are adorable!! For some reason this time, more than others, I am so sad I can't be there with you for little Beckett to be born. (Can you tell which name I LOVE) Anyway, you hair looks awesome, too! I love the red tones you added to it! I am so excited for you. How fun to have the Bentley's in town too and do all the girly stuff. Looking forward to our girly time together, too. :) I love you.

Unknown said...

I love the haircut! You are getting close. How exciting. I think you are going to like having three boys-it's pretty fun most of the time. Good Luck.

Lizzy said...

I can't wait to see this little guy. I also am excited to see what you guys choose for a name. Fun haircut looks very sassy. I hope you don't end up having a baby while your friends are visiting. Love ya!

Brooke G said...

When did your hair get so long? It looks great! Love it! B

Carrie Anne said...

What a SUPER FUN weekend you had with the Bentleys! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your hair, too! I can't believe you are due already and your baby will be here SO SOON! Oh boy! I hope he does come early for you...sorry for the last few weeks of discomfort...swollen ankles and all, but you'll be glad to have the baby now and not in a few months when it gets super humid there. And KC? Wow! I have a friend who lives in Olathe, and they love the KC area...at least you've been going where there are baseball stadiums!:)

Carrie Anne said...

PS-By the way, you look super great being so pregnant! I'm not even that far and I feel SO BLOATED already!