Sunday, April 13, 2008

Where is the worst place to puke?!

So today was an eventful day. Gunner did wake up with a runny diaper, but when asked if he felt sick he said, "No, I not sick!" He was happy, no fever, ate breakfast, drank a full juice-cup. Things seemed fine.

Off to church we went. We made it until the sacrament was passed, when Gunner tells me, "my mouth hurts". Then we hear him poop. I figured the mouth hurting was probably acid from pooping. He says rather loudly, "I poopy...change my bumb?" Andrew informs him he'll do it after the sacrament.

Andrew brings him back in, and he is happily playing with animals. Then he turns to me and says, "My mouth hurts. I spit?" I hold out my hand, and he spits in my hand. Then he looks up at me and then it came. A big puke right on his toys/bench. Andrew puts his hands up to catch more puke (not knowing what he'd do with it once he caught it). I grabbed the grocery sack with the nursery snack in it, dumped the snack out, and caught half of the next shot. The other half gets on his shirt/pants, Andrew's tie/pants/shirt, and the corner of my skirt. The next two shots make it into the grocery sack.

Of course we were sitting in our normal spot, the row right behind the sacrament boys, to minimize distractions of other people/kids. The poor speaker who got to watch this whole episode! The lady right behind us jets to the back row. Luckily a nice guy (who doesn't even have kids), came running in with a whole roll of paper towels and a bottle of disinfectant. Another family grabbed Cooper to sit with them, and another lady (39 weeks pregnant) comes running in with a garbage can. I just sat there with Gunner on my lap and the grocery sack at his mouth. Eventually, we made it out of the chapel. Andrew got a few hot rags from the kitchen to finish the clean-up.

I tried to get Gunner to sit on my lap in the foyer, but he wanted to run around. I said, "Gunner, you're sick". He would answer, "No, I not sick!" When Andrew finally came out he said, "There's a story for the blog!" :)

Andrew took him home, I wiped off my skirt and stayed at church with Cooper (the Primary Presidency had just changed today...except I am still the secretary, so I felt bad leaving during the turnover).

Gunner came home, asked for popcorn, juice, soup, and wanted to play golf and bowling. He hasn't acted any different, and doesn't have a fever. Hopefully he gets completely better before he gets worse. He did take a 3-hour nap. Hopefully the rest of us don't get sick, since we have our friends coming into town this week!

Could there be a worse place to puke?!

12 comments:

rachel said...

That is my worst fear played out. Wow! that is just Wow!. What a story. You were ultra prepared. Everyone seemed really helpful that is so awesome. What a sunday. I swear some sundays I need another saturday connected to it to make it to monday.

wurstens5 said...

That is crazy. You poor thing. That is really nice that people were trying to be helpful. Hope you don't get sick either. Almost Baby time!! Lucky you.

Melissa (Catlin) Kiser said...

wow....it doesn't get much worse than that. at least you were in a place where everyone has "been there" and could be sympathetic. way to be a champ. great blog!

Danna said...

Oh gosh! What a nightmare! Poor little guy. I hope he is doing okay. Take your vitamins and wash your hands often! We just had to pukes go through the kids and it is not fun!

Matt and Adge said...

Oh Cass, what a nightmare! That just sounds terrible...and puts all of our bad sacrament meeting stories to shame. It sounds like you had some nice people to help out. Hope it doesn't go through the rest of your family!

Have fun with Linds this week...when does she get in town??

Amber said...

So sorry, and I thought I had some crazy puke stories, none of mine compare to that. Hope you all stay healthy, especially while your pregnant.

adrianne s. said...

Oh, that would leave me bawling at church! You are tough to stick it out! Must have been something he ate, right?

The Bentley's said...

that is too funny....and sad:) loved the story... can't wait to see yoU!

Lynnette said...

Glad that you had such a helpful ward that helped you out...I've always wondered what I would do in this type of situation.
Congrats on Kansas City...another cool experience coming your way! :)

ReadingFamily said...

That sounds awful. As if going to church with yound children wasn't tricky enough. Good luck in the next few weeks!

Tiff Gatten said...

Oh, the joy of motherhood. :) Sorry, hope you guys don't get sick.

gregandlaura said...

I cannot believe that story! That would be one of my worst fears! (along with my water breaking in public. :) ) Couldn't have chosen a more worse place!!!