Friday, January 16, 2009

2000 + NINE

Our NEW YEARS EVE was spent at the church with the youth. I swear when I was 12-18 I cared more about the activities planned for me, and less about the socializing in the hall. Maybe not? :) At 10 we headed home. At 11 we watched the  ball drop in NYC and made some loud noises. I have to admit it is not one of my favorite holidays with young, tired, crabby kids {maybe that will change as they get older?}. Cooper was DEVASTATED that our "toast" was a drink and not bread. Gunner enjoyed the high-sugar-carbonated-beverage, and despite being exhausted, his "toasts" were sweet enough to buy him a few more minutes of cuddle time. 


NEW YEARS DAY we went downtown Kansas City to UNION STATION with the Bells. We had fun at the amazing SCIENCE CENTER. The boys loved the science golf, tree house, dinosaur bone digging, instruments, games, animals, slides, bubble machines and more! We also got to go in the PLANETARIUM and watch a "Peter and the Wolf" laser light show. They had a huge, really neat, MODEL TRAIN DISPLAY in the grand lobby of Union Station. The boys especially loved seeing the Polar Express train, and the lego replica of the Kansas City skyline. Great entertainment while we waited to eat at the famous Harvey's Diner {tasty, but had tasteless service}

I am finally getting caught up on my blog, and ready {or not so ready} to face the NEW YEAR. It has been so invigorating... and intimidating... and inspiring.... to read about each of your goals and resolutions for the coming year.

I face this year:
  • DETERMINED to continue losing my baby weight from #3, since I will undoubtedly (or should I say hopefully?), be pregnant again before the end of the year. I can't deny myself the feeling that Heavenly Father blessed me with such and amazing baby {Beckett}, because he wants me to have another one. [btw, I'm amazed that so many of you avoided mentioning weight-loss goals... I swear it is not all in vanity... but also for healthy reasons. :)]
  • GRATEFUL for the many friends we have met here in Missouri. I hope to get to know each of them better this year, and can accomplish this the best through lots of SERVICE. Or, as my husband would call it, "getting over myself". It really makes you feel contentment when you spend more time looking outside yourself. 
  • INSPIRED by my little brother, ELDER spike GATTEN. I hope I can share my beliefs more freely, and help those young men, in white shirts, with name-tags, a little more.
  • HUMBLED by the pain and suffering of my close friends and family. May I increase my strength (through growing my spirit), so that I am better able to lift some of their burdens. {hope many of you are ready to caravan to the temple}

12 comments:

Jeppsen's said...

LOVE the update and pictures of the boys. Great Resolutions Cass. Good luck with them. I hope that you will SOON be an expectant mother. Love ya

Tracey said...

Thanks for sharing your resolutions, they are down to earth and yet inspiring. I love your outlook on why you need another baby soon. That is how I felt after Danica was born and was so easy, I am so grateful we got little Alyssa so soon after...Alyssa is the sweetest toddler ever but was so colicky that I"m still not ready to go that direction again. The hours of crying haven't faded enough in my mind yet but hopefully will soon!
Gunner is adorable. I love your tribute to him, it's inspired me to write some for my kids! Thanks!

Seriously... said...

Easton is cute and will be perfect for your boy #4 :) At least you have a theme to work with, that kind of narrows the playing field (if you will) a little. I got a ton of good suggestions....i'm compiling a list so I can mull it over a bit. Hopefully we'll come up with something sooner than we did with Parker (we decided on Parker in between pushes). Anyway....hope you guys are having fun!

Tiff Gatten said...

Beautiful new blog. I love the larger pics. My best to you all in the new year. Good luck with your goals. You are a better woman than I to venture forward to that 4th child. Good luck. Hope your training is going well for your race. Brooke was in St. George running a race with me this weekend and I didn't even know until today. I can't believe I didn't run into her. Well, good luck to you.

jayne said...

You have the cutest little family! You take some really great pictures. I think Landon and Gunner will get along great--Landon loves to bowl. Your resolutions are similar to mine--except I'm trying to get off the weight from baby 5 instead of 3. Hopefully that goal will be accomplished soon. I want to wear my pants again!

ashley said...

I love your resolutions:) I have to say I think you r wonder woman, I am still getting over the adjustment to 3!

510Jen said...

Happy 2009, I missed alot being in Utah.

Gunner is the cutest little boy and I love that post. I need to call you sometime when life slows down. I am packing my life away so we can put our house on the market.

Loved your Christmas cards.

Matt and Adge said...

What great resolutions! Well thought out, challenging, yet attainable. Very nice :). Maybe I should think of some...

Aly G said...

Cassie, those boys are darling! Love the matching Kansas City hats. Love the new years resolutions too! You are such a great mom, you should go for a dozen! Keep in touch.

Gunner said...

Cassie you are so creative. now that I have sent you a post are you happy? HA. It is a big blog though. Takes a while to load all the stuff. Love it though and Love you and your family! Have a great week!

Carrie Anne said...

you are always doing such fun things & it inspires me! why have i not taken my kids bowling yet??? maybe this weekend!!! your boys sure are cute...really cute! i love your goals for the year...and yes weight loss is ALWAYS one of mine...the ongoing goal of life, right? you look really great so don't stress too much! and that's really cool you'll be trying for another baby by year's end...you are such a neat person, cassie! love all the pictures & updates of your family!

Seriously... said...

i think menu posting is a great idea....i'm planning on doing it more (so even just future me can go back and look at what I made to get some ideas...). i would love your enchilada soup and chili recipes! Just post them for all to enjoy :)