Tuesday, February 19, 2008

February Fun!


Early this month, we had a "snow day". I about died when I heard they were only having "mandatory personnel" go to work at the Air Force Base for 6 inches of snow! Lucky for us, the Dental Corp isn't "mandatory", so we got to have Dad home for the day! We went to the newly remodeled Chuck E. Cheese and had a blast. Andrew and I even enjoyed the "Deal or No Deal" game. Then we played in the snow and made a snowman. Cooper found a good hiding place from Dad's snowballs...behind the tree.

Valentines Day was a lot of fun too. Cooper gets WAY excited for any holiday, so that makes it more fun. We went to a little party on-base, and a Valentines Day playgroup the next day. We made heart-shaped pepperoni pizza and cupcakes.

I took the boys to Walmart to pick a valentine for Dad. We got a brand new Walmart, and things were laid out really clean and fresh, and easy to see. Unfortunately, the fish were a little too easy to see for my boys. All they wanted to get Dad were fish! Finally, I gave in, we got Dad 3 fish and a fishbowl, and Cooper made him this fish Valentine that said, "You're a great catch Dad!" My boys got me Monopoly Junior to play with them and a Cold Stone gift card (way better than an overpriced box of chocolates!)

7 comments:

Matt and Adge said...

Your boys look like they are having a blast in the snow. Gotta love snow days! And what a fun valentine's day. I think v-day is one of the best holidays! The boys are so cute to want to get Andrew fishies.

katie said...

A NEW Wal-mart! Always fun to get a new store, huh?! Looks like you guys are enjoying your winter-stay warm!

Michelle Baird Designs said...

That is one of the best snowmans I have ever seen. Looks like so much fun.

Lizzy said...

Cassie-Tim wants to vote for a name but we can only make one vote. He likes either Easton or Mitt. I like Beckett. I really don't think you can go wrong with any of your names. Can't wait to find out what you decide on.

The Bentley's said...

i'm with you... who want overpriced chocolates?? not me:) sounds like a fun day! and the fish... i bet andrew loves those? or at tleast the boys do:)

510Jen said...

Alright I think I need to build a snowman with my kids they have been begging I just can't brave the cold. Walmart yeehaww how exciting. I have been meaning to emial you random things it will happen soon.

Brynne said...

That's funny about the Valentine's Day fish! Thanks for the fun candy and the V. from Cooper in our package!! So cute! Miss those boys. I LOVE the pictures, Cass. Thank you SOOOO much for doing those for us. All the other ones are so fun, too. I get so many comments about how amazing you are. I love you!