Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Family Fun!


For family night this week, we went bowling on base. It is so great to have it less than a mile from our house, so clean, and smoke-free! They also have programable bumpers, which only come up when it's the boys' turn, little shoes for them, and the handicap ramp for Gunner. It's so fun! In December we bought some bowling discount cards, and it has been a fun family outing to look forward too. Our boys get SO excited to go! Andrew and I enjoy doing it too (we went bowling on our first date over 8 1/2 years ago!). People gave me some looks with my big belly...and I have to admit I am not as coordinated pregnant, but the Gunner/Mom team beat the Cooper/Dad team still. :)
Cooper is turning in to a great bowler. He still uses the bumpers, but doesn't need them near as much. He knows all the terms (I think from bowling on the Wii), and does a great job at running and throwing the ball.

Gunner is amazing. Last time we went, he beat us all. This time, Andrew and I barely beat him. He got 2 strikes on Monday! He was so excited and could not stop telling us.

After bowling we had our Family Home Evening "treat" of dinner at Qdoba. I am in love with fresh mexican food this pregnancy...and am really missing Cafe Rio, but I love this place too! (You would think I would learn to stay away from mexican with all my heartburn...but no can do!) The boys all love their nachos. Nachos are one of Cooper's new favorite foods.

The other night we went to the indoor pool in Highland where they have the kiddie pool, lazy river, and the "Vector" (a toilet bowl that spins you around. Cooper and Gunner both had a blast swimming. They brought a few toys and loved playing "hit" with Dad (hitting a ball back and forth). We made Cooper practice swimming without his life jacket, but I think he has gotten way too comfortable and good with it on. We found out he is 4 months too young for soccer this Spring, so we were going to put him in swimming lessons. He was excited until he found out we wouldn't be swimming with him, and he couldn't wear his life jacket. He said, "I'll just learn to do that when I turn 5."

As many of you probably saw, the other night was a total lunar eclipse. We set the timer and went out to look every 30 minutes. It was pretty neat. Trying to explain it to a 4-year-old was kind of difficult though, but Cooper still thought it was neat. (For those of you who don't know, you can click on any pictures to enlarge them.)

Here are a few more Valentines Day pictures from our playgroup that I just finally uploaded. The cute little girl is Emma. She is Cooper's Valentine. :) I was reading them some Valentine stories, and Clifford gives Emily a kiss on the cheek, and Emma turned and gave Cooper a big kiss on the cheek. It was so cute. She is probably Cooper's best friend here.

20 comments:

The Bentley's said...

cute cass!! the bowling looks fun.. and the pool too. i like your sweat suit.. looks comfy and cute! and fun v day treats... i'm with you on mexican food... although i don't have the heartburn you do!!! can't wait to see you in a month!!! i'm super excited!
linny

Brad, Tracee and Brooks said...

WE LOVE bowling too! Cute pictures! Hey-did you get my second e-mail? I hope so or else I don't have any idea what's going on????

Shane, Meg, CJ, RJ, and AL said...

You are too stinkin' cute bowling, Cassie!
Megan Fotheringham Hilton

Tiff Gatten said...

Bowling! How fun. My kids love it too. That’s a great pic of you and your baby belly. Rick and I ate a CafĂ© Rio the just yesterday, my fav. Well, really my fav is, South of the Border, but I have to go to Boise to eat there. Yeah, that doesn’t happen much. You’re almost to the finish line with that baby. I can’t believe Easton isn’t winning….I love that name. Come on people! Vote with me!

Brynne said...

Cassie! The pic. of you with the bowling ball is super cute...you probably felt like you could roll yourself down, huh? ;) you look really good. And those lunar eclipse pics are amazing. That sure was cool. You have such cute boys...can't wait to see the next one!

Amber said...

Cassie, your boys are adorable and you look super cute. Looks like you guys are always doing so many fun things. By the way, you take amazing pictures of your sisters and brothers families. Cafe Rio is my absolute favorite place to eat, so sorry you have to miss out.

Seriously... said...

those v-day treats look so yummy!!! hey....just random...I see "Megan Fotheringham Hilton" left you a comment...i knew a megan fotheringham growing up....any idea if she's from the bay area in CA?

wurstens5 said...

How fun. I love the base bowling, we try to go up on Thursdays for 1$ bowling. My kids LOVE it. It's funny how good kids can get, Matthew has gotten a few scores of 95 or higher. With the bumpers of course, but have the time they don't even use them. For christmas Jeff's parent gave everyone shoes and I got a ball. I guess I have to become an avid bowler now. Can't wait to see your baby.

Rachel said...

Those are some impressive bowling scores! Cute pictures!

montanawildflower said...

You look so cute! I haven't been able to find chocolate covered cinnamon bears anywhere out here. However, you can get them at any Macey's grocery store in Utah. They are in the bulk candy section and I just love them. Next time you're in Utah...that and Cafe Rio. :)

Danna said...

Your kids are good at bowling too?! What sport are they not good at? Let me know and that is what we will do with you next time our families get together! All your activities looked so fun. You guys are so cute! We definitely need to plan a get-away together. I'll start convincing Brady.

Michelle Baird Designs said...

That picture of you and the bowling ball is funny. Looks like you just have that bowling ball inside your tummy. You took great pictures of the lunar eclipse. We wanted to go out and look at it, but it was just too dang cold to go out. I'm a wuss.

Melissa (Catlin) Kiser said...

1. Wow your prego-- A late congrats!
2. The Air Force makes its dentist cut their hair. I treated my first Air Force patient yesterday. I just closed my eyes and pretended she was a Navy pilot and not an Air Force pilot.
3. I love family bowling too. Ben beats me half the time when we bowl the wii.
Rob

Carrie Anne said...

You're so good to do so many fun things with your family! I'm glad you posted about bowling, because I should totally take my kids! We've never been, but I think they would enjoy it!
I love that your boys, including your husband, are always wearing Cardinals baseball caps! So fun! True fans, for sure!

Sydney said...

Your bowling alley is nicer than ours:) We don't have programmable bumpers. We need to go more often, Gibson loves it each time we go (even if it does take a zillion years for him to bowl 10 frames!)

The food at the Valentines party looks delicious..now I'm craving fruit pizza.

ashley said...

What a good sport you are for bowling while pregant! By the way you look darling!

ashley said...

P.S. Love your names! My vote was for Beckett:)

Matt and Adge said...

That is such a cool picture of the lunar eclipse! I can't believe you had the patience to go out every half hour for so long...but well worth the pictures.

Your boys are looking so grown up. I can't believe how good they are getting at bowling. I think the last time Carsen went is we went with you guys about a year ago. And you look so cute! You are so photogenic...i can't take a good pregnancy picture to save my life (even before i start showing!) You probably already know that from trying so many times when i was pregnant with trav :).

the landreths said...

You look awesome!!!

The Powell-Mirci Family! said...

Go Cooper! Wahoo! Joey's quite popular with the ladies too! Isn't it funny how incredibly awesome bowling is for the kids!
-Diane