Friday, November 21, 2008

BECKETT [Half a Year Old]

Beckett Leo Larson
6 months old
16 lbs. 10 oz. (40th percentile)
26 5/8 inches (75th percentile)



Over the last month...
  • Started sitting up.
  • Eating more solids (at least once a day). Love pears and rice cereal best.
  • Started using a sippy cup at meal time... and even manage to get some apple juice out of it. Once you tasted it, you were hooked, but still haven't mastered it.
  • Peek-a-boo gets you giggling like crazy.
  • Roll all over the living room. Prefer to be on your tummy with a toy. You do the excited "beached whale", where you get something you want, then lay on your tummy and kick super fast out of excitement. Recently started getting up on all fours and diving to toys. You definitely find a way to get what you want, and it is only a matter of time and you'll be crawling.

  • Started chewing on your feet.
  • You rarely cry, but when you do, you do a cute coughing sound.
  • Still love your thumb.
  • You sleep between 10-12 hours at night. In the morning, you love to lay in bed with mom and just talk and sing and play. 
  • You started loving books this month. You will talk and giggle and get so excited when we read to you.
  • Your new trick is slapping our hands when we say, "Gimmie five!
  • You settle down when I whisper in your ear. 
  • You shared  your half birthday with Cooper's 5th birthday.
  • Love swimming, and did a great job in the water at the indoor waterpark.
  • You were a skunk for Halloween... although you are the furthest thing from a stinker! This past month was full of Halloween festivities, pumpkin patches and parties.
  • Got your first haircut. Not sure I would call it that... maybe just a "back buzz"? We just got rid of your little mullet in back.
  • You are always so content to just hang out in  your car-seat. I feel bad I don't take you out more, but you are always just happy in there.
  • Went to the UCM homecoming parade. Loved the beads, and had your first sucker.
  • Cooper and Gunner love to make you laugh. Cooper loves to have you hit him, and then he pretends to be really hurt. They love to squeeze your arms, pinch your cheeks, squish your belly, and shake your feet... pretty much anything that I think you'll hate... BUT, you are always smiling! They also make a big deal out of you doing "pukers" on the living room floor. That and poopy diapers seem to make them silly. 
  • Loving going to the park. Love watching the other kids play, and going on the swings. Made your first trip down the slide.
  • Had your first trip to the Fire Station with Cooper's preschool class.
  • Ate your first waffle fry and the TREX cafe.
  • You make friends with everyone you meet, because you are so smiley and social. 
The other day Cooper kept yelling, "Mom! You gotta come see this!" I went into the living room, and Cooper said, "Look! It's a SUPERBABY!" I totally agree! We all do. Beckett, you are just the most super baby ever, and we love having you around!

9 comments:

Tori said...

Cassie, you are so creative!! Your posts are so cute! I have a lot to learn! Love to see all the cute pics of your darling kids!

Brynne said...

I stole your photos for my photoshop collectio. they were allso darn cute. Have you gotten any more photo shoots in the area yet. You are really getting good. Makes me want to get a new camera like yours and Tiffany's. Love you guys, MOM OOOOOXXXXX

adrianne s. said...

I love that cute super baby! he really is such a handsome boy and his sweet temperament makes him even cuter!! Happy half birthday Beckett!!

The Bentley's said...

what a cute little post!!! I love the new look by the way. and the cooper turning 5 is adorable. you make me feel so guilty i am such a slacker lately! Beckett is so cute. he looks so much cooper to me:) yeah beckett can't wait to meet yoU!

Unknown said...

I can't believe how old he is-it seems to me that you just had him. He sure is a cute boy!

Brynne said...

Wow, seriously, could he get ANY cuter??!!! I can't believe he is sitting up! I love the one of his little jeans at the top. The pic of you, by the way, is awesome! You look great! Miss you guys.

Amber said...

He is absolutely adorable. What a cute baby. It is so nice that you write down everything about them. I wish I had done that with my older kids when they were babies. At least my little boys will be able to see how they were when they were young, gotta love blogs.

Miriam said...

He is seriously one of the cutest little boys ever! He sounds like such a sweet kid. BTW, we just found out today that we'll be headed to your old stomping grounds at Scott AFB with the Claytons. I hope you loved it there and I hope we do too. Merry Christmas! Miriam Pope

mid said...

https://wartakota.tribunnews.com/2015/11/27/produk-bank-terbaik-pinjaman-modal-kredit-tanpa-agunan