Thursday, November 27, 2008

Gratitude Attitude

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

An excerpt from my letter this week to my brother, Spike, who is serving a mission in Brazil

"Sitting here so thankful for you.... thankful that my boys have an amazing uncle to look up to. Thankful for your choice to serve a mission so that we all can be blessed and receive the fruits of your labors. Thankful for the gospel in my life... and that you are trying to share the "good news" with everyone around you. Thankful for the opportunity I had to grow up at 1632 E. Canfield Ave., with 8 siblings and great parents. Thankful for every opportunity I had to tell each of those 10 people how much I love them, and even more thankful for each time they told me the same. Thankful for our free country... and all my friends who are single moms while their husbands are overseas defending that freedom. Thankful for the beautiful earth we have to live on, and for a dad who made sure we knew all about it. Thankful that that same dad worked to make sure we always had everything we needed (and more), and a mom who made sure that happened.

I just love this holiday. I am sure your list of "thanks" has grown immensely over the last 12 months... and here you are already HALF WAY THROUGH! On the home stretch! Make it worth every minute. May we all not only be thankful for all of our blessings this Thanksgiving, but
show gratitude for them by BEing the people that Heavenly Father wants us to be.

Love you tons Spike! You and me both will spend Thanksgiving and Christmas away from the fam... but, our hearts are knit together.... forever."


Family Home Evening with the Bells. Talked about the things we are thankful for, and how to show gratitude for those things... with Tom the Thankful Turkey. Then made these cute turkeys (thanks for the idea Kendra). The boys actually stayed focused and on-track for this activity... definitely not the norm... a great treat!


"Tasting Party" at  preschool. Got to try different parts of a Thanksgiving meal. We were assigned a food "unique to our family". We brought rainbow jello, and it was a HUGE hit. Andrew has had it ever year for "as long as I can remember". Got to hear them sing a few cute songs, read a few books, and ride the Mayflower. Very fun. Once again, Gunner was so excited to join Cooper at his preschool. 


To add to my letter to my brother... I am also so thankful for a loving husband. So grateful he works so hard for us. So grateful he is such an amazing daddy. So grateful for the Spirit in our home. Grateful for 3 wild, crazy, cute, cuddly, inspiring, exhausting, adorable, special, energetic, irresistible boys. They are my life, and I love my life. So grateful for each of YOU, and how you have touched me. It is because of those interactions with each of you that I am who I am.

Enjoy your day! 

8 comments:

Brynne said...

I love the exerpt of the letter! I love the pics, too. Missed you guys!

Amber said...

Cassie, I loved reading this. There are many holidays that I spend alone (with my little family) because most of our families are far away. My brothers that are kinda closeby are usually with their inlaws. It is hard so I understand. I'm glad you were able to eat Thanksgiving with friends.
It would be great to get together again for a big reunion sometime. Meanwhile, if your ever here in SLC give us a call, it was so fun to see you and Mikin last summer when you were here.

adrianne s. said...

What a lovely post! I would like to hear more about the rainbow jello-it's those kinds of unique traditions that make holidays memorable. All of your festivities look like fun!!

Thanks for all your help and tips for my blog!!

Jason and Amy Smith said...

I thought of you guys over the Holiday weekend, since everyone seemed to be at home with the Family except for us! Hope you guys had a good Thanksgiving. Your kids are adorable... they seem to get cuter each time I check out the pix. One proud mama you should be!!

Dave and Jen said...

I updated my blog finally. Sorry I've been little busy. Your boys are soooooo Adorable.

katie said...

What a great post. I love the turkeys-I'm gonna make those next year with my kids!

Tracey said...

Cassie you just have the cutest boys! I think Cooper looked like David Archiletta is his birthday pictures, what do you think? I love your birthday tributes, I need to copy your idea. Thanks for sharing so much about what you do, it's fun to feel connected. I need to find out how you did those turkeys, they look great!

The Taylor Family said...

Cass- A little behind, but I need your address for christmas cards- you can e-mail it to me at ajngjtaylor@gmail.com. Thanks a bunch- love ya- Gennelle