Friday, February 6, 2009

Royals Blue Through and Through [for now]

We are hometown fans. Since we live just outside Kansas City, we are now ROYALS FANS! Of course, we still have our other favs. But heck, we need a few more hats in our house! We're well above 100... that's my educated guess. (and I may as well mention the box of old favs Andrew still keeps at his mom's house)


One thing we already know we love about the Royals... 4 FREE TICKETS for military members (that would be Captain Larson) Mondays-Thursdays, and discounts other days. Have a feeling we'll be making it to the ballpark our share of times this coming year!

While I was at the Old Navy Sale, the boys hit up the Royals FanFest. Lets just say, they were in HEAVEN! (and so was I) They went with Clifton and Zander Bell, and fellow dentist Mark Bain. 
Gunner, Cooper & Zander
They had tons of games, gave out bags, and were giving autographs. Another favorite was the discount souvenir shop where they got wooden bats, wiffle balls, and Royals matchbox cars.

The last picture (below) has a great story behind it. There was a machine that shot soft balls from the opposite end of the convention center. When they walked in, they were watching lots of older boys taking their chances trying to catch these LONG fly balls... without any success. Cooper, of course, wanted to try. Andrew consented, with his doubts. Doubts high enough to actually say, "Cooper, if you catch one of these I'll give you $20". Well, you can all probably guess what happened. Cooper gets in there... they shoot off the FIRST ball... and yes.... HE CAUGHT IT! 

No, he didn't get $20, but he did get $5, and surprisingly didn't push the issue. 

12 comments:

The Mayne Famiy said...

Cassie you have 3 very cute little boys. Sound like you are all having a great time.
-Kristen

Tiff Gatten said...

Give the kid his $20! He earned it fair and square!

Great pics. I bet they had a blast. I love to have a team to cheer for it makes everything more personal. Hope the Royal do well.

Jeppsen's said...

Oh Cooper you're amazing!! Great Job!

Priebe Family said...

Cassie, I was going through some old comments on my blog and saw that you left one months ago asking where we get the boys suits. Sorry it has taken me so long to get back with you. The answer is Burlington Coat Factory. They have them starting at a 2T. You blog is adorable, the kids are so cute. I took a laundry picture a couple of months ago similar to the one you took x 3. And yes I think we will miss it some day. My blog is now private but just email me at drrpriebe@yahoo.com and let me know if you would like to be invited and I will send you an invite. Sorry this is so long! Deanna

Matt and Adge said...

Go, Coop! That really does not surprise me :).

Brynne said...

Looks like SO much fun!! I wish we lived by a Major League team!!

TIFF said...

Your boys will always remember those games! Still....wish it were the Cardinals though! You're well on your way to your very own baseball team!

Elise said...

Cassie, I love how you guys are die hards no matter where you live! Those are some great pictures, it looks like the boys were in Heaven! They're all looking so grown up!
Hey do you have an email for Andrew's aunt and uncle in Naples?

Kristel said...

I'm so excited you started running! Where is the half? How's the training going? I'm sure you are doing great!

B-Hams said...

So fun! I love the piles of laundry! It's crazy how much clothes we go through huh! Looks like you have wonderful helpers!

Danna said...

You guys are the best fans ever! I can't wait until you can be Shock fans! (I know you already are, but it is different when you live here. :) Andrew and his hats... you are a very nice wife. :) By the way, I save all my laundry for one day too. I must say, that is some serious laundry you have there. I think you have more than me. Boys are the worst when it comes to dirty clothes! Some day I will "require" you guys to come on vacation with us. :) And good luck on the half marathon! Way to go!

aliciamae100 said...

if you're true fans you gotta go to a spring training game in Surprise! ;)