Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentine's Day 2009

February is the perfect time to throw in a LOVE holiday. The Christmas magic has faded, but the cruddy weather is still here. And Valentines Day just warms the heart! 


Cooper did a great job writing our all of his Valentines for friends and family. "You are just 'plane' awesome!" was the theme, and it was a paper airplane with directions that they could take home and do later. And, of course, some fun-dip candy rolled up inside. His party was adorable. He really paid attention to every detail and thanked each person for their valentines.
Andrew and I discovered we may just have developed one of our own family traditions! For 4 years now we have had some sort of heart shaped pizza on valentines day. The boys even remembered this year! This year we switched from pepperoni to ham, as that is what they now prefer. Gunner is alway helpful (or maybe I should say "wanting" to help) in the kitchen. They figured out how to make B-2 bombers out of their square pieces of pizza and they thought it was really fun to fly them around! 
A week before Valentines Day, Andrew and I "gifted" each other tickets to the Brian Regan comedy show in Salina, KS. Everyone thought we were crazy to drive 4 hours away (8 hours round trip) in one day to see a comedy show, but this guy is worth it! (If you ever get a chance to see him, it is a must!) It was our 3rd time seeing him, and Andrew still laughed so hard he cried the whole way through. If anyone has watched anything funny with my husband, they know his laughs out LOUD! :) I warned our friends, the Bells, who came with us. (Thanks guys, it was tons of fun!) The worst was the few jokes he had already heard when he was laughing before the punch-line. We've decided comedy (as long as it's clean) is a great date. It is pretty neutral for both sexes to enjoy. Not like sports, or chick-flicks, which are fun, but definitely one person prefers over the other. These pictures aren't great, thanks to Andrew's steal-of-a-deal (worth only what we paid) camera. :)

My friend, Jaime Bell, and me. 

The picture I tried to take without a flash, and still got in trouble for.

Bustin' a gut!

I also had a chance to run the Valentine "Heart Healthy" 5K on the Air Force Base here. We'd been training for our half marathon, and I wanted to do it, but it was in the middle of the day. My friend, Jennifer Reed, called to volunteer to watch my kids so I could run. So nice! Her husband, Rich, took first over-all. He is amazing. (He is the Young Men's president at church, and Andrew is 1st counselor.) Her girls are amazing too! They both smoked me! I ran it in 27:26, which I was ok with.

I'm in the middle with the green shorts and black shirt...

Last, but definitely not least, our friend, Keva, watched our boys on Valentine's Day, and Andrew and were able to have a super fun date. We got a couple's massage at a spa and went to lunch at El Tapatilo. It was heavenly.... I am so lucky to have such an amazing man. I know, you're all jealous. :)

1 comments:

Jeppsen's said...

I'm so proud of you and running You inspire me Love the updates.