Wednesday, March 5, 2008

My skiing buddy!


I know we already shared Cooper's 1st time skiing experience back in January, but I got some pictures from family members, so I wanted to share.

We went Christmas Eve to Schwietzer Mountan, near Sandpoint, ID, as part of our "Gatten Family Reunion". It was the first time for 4 of the cousins. Uncle Dusty was Cooper's ski instructor (we are blessed to have 4 ski instructors in the family!). We got his rental skis, tried to get him excited (I was nervous he might be too young...but he didn't need any encouraging from me), he got his orientation, and went 1 time down the "Magic Carpet" small bunny hill at 10am. Then he was ready for the big stuff! :) He went down the big bunny hill twice before lunch. It was SO cute to see him come up the chair lift. I borrowed my sister's skis and skied the 2nd half the day with Cooper and Noah. We went 7 more times down the hill! I kept asking if they were done (I didn't want to overdue it on the first day), but they skied until they kicked them off at the end of the day! He would try and jump too, because he thought it made him go faster! They were little speed demons...pretending they were "snowmobiles". He's a little athlete, and it was so fun.


My favorite thing he said was, "Mom, when I get bigger, can I ski with you down those really big hills?!" I can't wait!

He also said, "Mom, pretend your Santa and I'm a little boy."
"O.K. What do you want for Christmas little boy?"
"I want a snowboard, because I already have these skis (pointing to his rentals)."

Too bad it was already Christmas Eve, and we don't live by any ski hills! Someday! He is a man after my own heart. Isn't it the most gorgeous place with the view of the lake?!

9 comments:

510Jen said...

How fun. I want to take my kids skiing sooo bad but where? I can't believe they are old enough to do this. Your life looks so fun. Hope you are feeling good. Can't wait to see baby number 3. Don't be worried number three was easier than two for me.

Haley said...

Way to go Coop! I'm not quite sure Treyson is brave enough to do it yet, he always says, "I can do it when I'm 5!" We'll see...

Danna said...

That looks like so much fun! I am so impressed with Cooper's skiing abilities. Like I said, good at every sport. :) I am glad you guys got to do that together. Give him a few years, and he'll be pro.

Matt and Adge said...

go Coop! it's so fun that he's willing to try new things like that. i'm not that brave :).

Carissa Poyfair said...

I'm a little jealous that Cooper can ski and I can't. There is definitely something wrong with this. You all looked like you had a lot of fun. Hope you're feeling okay with the pregnancy!

Summer said...

Cooper really is so adventurous...I'm pretty sure Noah would be crying if we tried this now. Paul is a big snowboarder though and is determined that we become a ski family so sometime in the next couple of years i'm sure it will happen. Sounds like Cooper is already better than me - I'm jealous! By the way you look really cute pregnant...and I really like the name Easton! But whatever name you go with will be perfect for him I'm sure : )

Lowd and Proud said...

Cass....He is a little man after your own heart. That looks like so much fun, and so beautiful too. I miss home. Glad you are doing well!

Unknown said...

Way to go Cooper! Brandon took Nash for the first time this year too. Sounds like Cooper got the hang of it. Great pictures!

katie said...

What fun! We are headed to Utah next week and we're taking the kids skiing. Easton says he wants to try snowboarding-we'll see! You have the cutest boys!