Friday, May 16, 2008

{B E C K E T T' S B I R T H}

BECKETT LEO LARSON
**************************
5.13.08   6:41 pm
8 lbs.   20 inches

Thought we would add some more pictures of our new little Beckett. He is such a cutie, and we feel so lucky to have him in our home. 


Here he is this morning...3 days old. He has had a few episodes of awake time today. We also went outside to the park and enjoyed the good weather and sunshine for a few minutes. He was awake often to eat last night, but my milk came in today (ouch!), so hopefully he'll sleep better tonight. Cooper and Gunner's eyes were more brown at birth...and both have stayed brown. We wonder if Beckett's grey might turn blue?
The boys have done surprisingly well. Probably party because they had a visit from their Uncle Dan and cousin Riley. They were able to go downtown and to a Cardinals game Wednesday night. Riley and Gunner both got balls during batting practice, and it was autograph night. Cooper was excited because they played the Pirates, his favorite team.

Cooper calls Beckett a "cute little bug". We think it is cute he came up with it on his own. Gunner makes sure we know every time he is "cying". Cooper starts to grit his teeth and shake his head and says, "I just want to squeeze him so hard because I love him so much!" Good thing he is smart enough not to! :) We see similarities in looks of all 3 boys.
Gunner also POOPED ON THE POTTY today for the first time! He seems so much older and bigger with Beckett around...maybe he thinks he is too! :)

Nana extended her stay a week (thank goodness!!!), and is hear until Tuesday. She has gotten a lot of training on the Wii from Cooper, and I think he has her convinced to buy one for her house for the grandkids. She has also been our chef and quite the entertainer for the boys. They love having her here, and so do I. It was extra special to have her at Beckett's birth, because we haven't had any family at our previous births. 

He kind of has "man hair", thin in front and on top, longer and thicker in back. He has some dark hair on his shoulders and back too.
Cooper is ready to train Beckett on the Wii too. :)
Thanks to all those who have shown their love, support, and congratulations! We are so blessed that everything turned out good, and mom and baby are healthy. If you want "details", like I usually do, you can read below. I need to get it written for journaling purposes too, so feel free to skip it. :)

{STORY OF YOUR BIRTH} to be added soon.....


27 comments:

Brynne said...

Guys, he is SOOOOO cute! He kind of looks like Cooper, but kind of has his own look, too. It made me SO excited to see him in a month and hold the little guy! The pictures with the brothers are adorable and it does make them look so BIG! The one with Andrew is precious, too. He is such a good dad. ::sigh:: Miss you guys.

Fab Five said...

He is definately a keeper!!! What a stud! Stacy had her baby today- 6 lbs. 12 oz. 20 inches long. He's tall and skinny!

Anonymous said...

yay!! thanks for posting more pics. He is soooo cute!
Hope you are recovery well. Looks like his big brothers are adapting well to new baby.
Rach robb

Carrie Anne said...

I love all of those pictures...so darling! I'm so happy for you that things went so well and you're doing well now that you are home. Good luck as you adjust. He is a very cute baby boy and he's definitely a Larson baby!:)

Danna said...

He is a cute little bug! He is just so sweet and small. I just wish I could hold him! I love it when they are so new and cuddly. Congratulations! Make sure to get some rest while your mom is there!

Seriously... said...

congratulations!!! he's so cute, and it looks like he's getting lots of love from his older brothers! Glad everything went smoothly. 3 boys!! You are going to have so much fun....

gregandlaura said...

YAY! Congrats! I can't believe you have three now!! He is totally adorable and I can see similarities between all the boys for sure!! I am so happy for you!

Haley said...

Congrats Cassie! (and family...) Your boys sound just the same around Beckett as my boys are around Macey, so funny. Treyson loves her to pieces and Cru tells me every time "baby!" is awake. So cute!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! There is nothing like a new baby in the home! Those are such sweet pictures. I'm so glad you and the baby made it through healthy and sound. You are such a sport to be overdue. I know exactly how you feel. I've gone over with all 3 of my kids. You look great!

Andrea said...

He finally came! He looks just like Cooper and we love the male pattern baldness! He looks great and so do the kids.

The Bentley's said...

super fun to read!!! he looks so precious... he seems so old! he doesn't have that squished baby face... he looks like such a big boy!!! tooo too cute!

The Bentley's said...

super fun to read!!! he looks so precious... he seems so old! he doesn't have that squished baby face... he looks like such a big boy!!! tooo too cute!

natj said...

Congrats guys! He really is so cute. He fits in just perfectly. I'm glad your mom was able to stay longer. What a relief! I know it was always nice for me to have my mom come out to help, chat, and just gush about the baby. I hope you are feeling pretty good. I still have about 4 weeks! It's crazy how slow it goes at the end but then as soon as the baby is born, time flies! Keep posting pictures- I love seeing them!

Tiff Gatten said...

Oh, he's a doll. :)

adrianne s. said...

Oh, he looks like he belongs to your family! Such sweet pictures! Stella has old man hair, too!

Janna said...

He is so adorable. I love the name Cooper came up with. It is sweet how Cooper likes to protect him. Stone is still that way with Van.

Anonymous said...

wow how lucky you guys are....he looks so much like cooper i think. its kind of creepy...ha. i think their eyes are alike.. i love you guys...congrats...and i wish i was there
elder g

Morgan Greaves said...

Congrats Cassie...he is beautiful! Hope you're surviving!!

Brooke G said...

He is such a beautiful baby!!

Lane family said...

I swear I left a comment earlier- but I don't see it... CRAZY! Anyway- Beckett is a DOLL! He fits right in with the other two. Good luck with 3 boys- my 1 is throwing me for a loop! The teenage years should be easier for you- then you can laugh at all of us (who used to have it so easy) dealing with emotional hormonal teenaged girls!

Kristin said...

Congrats! I love all the pictures...he's such a cutie! I'm glad your boys are adjusting so well, they look so proud with their little brother! I hope your getting some sleep :)

510Jen said...

congrats! he is absolutely adoreable. great work.

The Powell-Mirci Family! said...

He is so handsome! I think he has Coopers eyes. Sooo...cute!

The Bentley's said...

hey i need to see more pictures!!

Mandy said...

Hey, Cassie! I found your blog through Jen's. It was fun to catch up on your family. Your boys are adorable! Congrats on your new baby - he's so precious! Boys are the BEST :)Take care!

Tyler and Mikin Morton said...

i cannot wait to hold the little dude! I keep thinking how he is changing and never have held him yet. it stinks. I am pumped up for girls week in vegas so we can chill with our babies...so fun

ashley said...

Oh he is soooo cute:) I LOVE his name! Three boys, WOW! How do you keep up? So I am anxious to hear how adjusting to three has been for you! You look super cute with dark hair:)