Thursday, May 8, 2008

O V E R D U E !!!

Well, it's official. No baby yet, and we are one day overdue...still nothing happening. I've started to feel like it may never happen. :)

I had to remove the countdown "widget" on the right of my page, because today it started counting up, and said I had one day left, when really it should say -1 day. :) 

I went to the doctor on Monday. I was still 2 cm, 80% effaced, and "soft". The head has been "engaged" now for over 3 weeks. She set up my induction for Tuesday, May 13th at 7am (6 days overdue). I actually had to fight to get it Tuesday, instead of Wednesday, because Wednesday our brother-in-law, Dan, and nephew, Riley, are flying in to go to the Cardinals game with the boys. They gave me gruff about "only" being 40 weeks and 6 days, and not a full week overdue. Well, too bad! :)

My mom got here Tuesday to help out with the baby that still isn't here. :) It's been fun talking, we watched "P.S. I Love You" during naptime yesterday, and went to the America's Incredible Pizza Co. last night for pizza. It was "Wacky Wednesday" so the boys did mini-bowing, go-karts, golf and arcade games unlimited for 90 minutes for $11.99. So fun! Today we might go get pedicures. She is scheduled to fly out the day I would be induced, but we might convince her to stay longer. :)

Sorry to disappoint those of you who wanted to see baby pictures by now. :) Hopefully sooner rather than later! 

8 comments:

Brynne said...

Oh, Cassie, that sucks so bad! I am thinking of you all the time...waiting for the phone call!!!

adrianne s. said...

Cassie, I feel for you! Surely you will get going on your own before Tuesday- I am actually thinking that tonight is your night! Good luck! Make sure your anesthesiologist is careful with the epidural- I had a bad experience this time!

Amber said...

So sorry Cassie, and your right, I was wondering if you were in the hospital now or how you were doing. Thanks for an update. Hang in there. Hopefully today is the day!

Haley said...

Darn it! I know how you feel... I really hope he comes soon because the end is not fun to endure. Can't wait to see him.

Matt and Adge said...

oh no! i was convinced you'd still go early. but i have to say, may 13th would be a great birthday :). but for your sake, i hope you don't make it that long. i hope your mom gets to stay longer...that's such a bummer to watch your help's visit come and go with no baby to help with. we've been thinking about you a lot here...good luck!!

510Jen said...

Hang in there you can do it. Can't wait to see him.

Anonymous said...

thanks for updating! we are all excited to see him>

Hang in there cass, I am sorry.

Luv ya rach robb

Melissa (Catlin) Kiser said...

well, my birthday is may 13th so i think it's a fine day to be born! i'm sorry your so overdue, though. that is just NO fun. i will say, though, that in addition to being born on 5/13, i was 32 days overdue! can you believe it! my mom was induced 3 times before i finally came. when i came out all the nurses and docs came to look at what a month overdue baby looked like (because i guess i was extra wrinkely in my fingers, a waxy coating on my body and something weird with my head). anyway, i turned out fine...i think. hang in there. think happy thoughts!