Tuesday, May 27, 2008

First few weeks of life...

6 days old

Beckett is 2 1/2 weeks old now, and the time has flown by. He is such a good baby, and for some reason we feel like he's been part of our family longer than he has. We had such an instant love for him, and Andrew even commented that he feels like he's known him longer than a few weeks. We've had a few people comment that he looks older, and bigger, than he is. Today at his 2-week apt. he weighed 9lbs. 6oz. They said they only expect them to be back to their birth weight by now (his was 8lbs.).

Here are some pictures of his first bath.

HELP FROM MOM

As I mentioned before, my mom was able to stay an extra week, which was SO great! Andrew only got 2 days off of his residency, and had to come bring me home from the hospital on his lunch break the 3rd day. It was SO nice to have the extra help. 

While she was still here, we took Beckett's first outing (4 days old) to Cracker Barrell for lunch. Cooper LOVES it because they have his favorite...eggs. He ate his 3 eggs, Andrew's 2 eggs, and Gunner's 1 egg...5 total eggs. Beckett was a gem.

We also went to Long Acre Park to try and get a few family shots... here are a few. I don't recommend getting pictures taken less than a week from when you have a baby. :) But, we had to take advantage of having someone behind the camera. It was a little windy for Beckett too. 






I also did his "First Photo Shoot" at 6 days old. I'll post a few of our favorites in the next post.

To us, he looks older than he is. He already holds his head up so well too!
He likes to sleep with his little arms up by his head, just like his dad. 

After doing all of the laundry, and cleaning the whole house, and making sure we had a few quick meals...my mom left. It was sad to see her go! Thanks so much for everything Mom!!! That afternoon Cooper said, "You were right Mom, I do already miss Nana."

VISIT FROM GRANDMA AND GRANDPA LARSON (AND GREAT AUNTS & UNCLES COLLEEN & GARY AND NADENE & GLEAD)

One nice thing about a baby coming, is we get lots of visitors! Andrew's parents and his mom's sisters flew in Tuesday. We spent the first few days eating out, making strawberry jam, and hanging out.

MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND IN NAUVOO

We left Friday morning to Nauvoo. We stopped in Hannibal (Mark Twain's hometown). The boys loved throwing rocks in the Mississippi River, and the Yard of bubblegum from the candy store were the highlights. 

We stayed at the Nauvoo Family Suites and the boys swam twice a day. Beckett slept the whole way there and back. He spent most of the touring time in the bjorn carrier, and was such a trooper! I felt better by then, so we did a few of the "fun" tours, oxen and carriage rides, threw rocks in the Mississippi a few more times, went to a few shows, and had a lot of fun. Andrew's parents and Aunts and Uncles did more of the tours, but we have been there a couple times, so we weren't sad to miss a few. Andrew also joined them for a session at the Nauvoo Temple. Last time we were there, I was pregnant with Cooper and we were the witness couple. Time flies! 






We stopped at Carthage on the way home.

I am so thankful to the early saints of the church, and their continual sacrifices! It was really neat to have Cooper understand more about the jail and Joseph Smith being killed, and the temple being burned down. He was really soaking a lot in this time. I LOVE church history, and feel so blessed to have the gospel in my life today, because of their sacrifices. I was especially touched by all the young babies who died shortly after birth, and the mothers who died so often during childbirth. It made me look at each of my children with such greater gratitude. 

GRANT'S FARM

The weather was gorgeous, so we took a trip to Grant's Farm. The have a fun tram ride tour of animals, a few shows, feeding the goats and camels, and the Budwieser horses. It was really neat to see this elephant take a bath! 


BECKETT'S FIRST BASEBALL GAME
We went and saw the Cardinals beat the Houston Astros. It was beautiful weather, and a perfect day for baseball. It was Beckett's 1st game (and Cooper's 59th!). I have a feeling it will take Beckett a lot longer to see that many games...since baseball games are more complicated with 3 kids. :) The boys actually did really well, but it may not be as easy without Grandpa and Grandma and Nadene and Glead. :)

22 comments:

Jennifer said...

Cassie, Beckett is a real cutie, he looks like a little man! Congratulations! Jennifer

Sarah said...

what a handsome little bugger. Looks like you are a pro and already have had many outings with three kids. looks like you have had fun. Hope the adjustment hasn't been too difficult.

Summer said...

Congrats - he is adorable and you look great! I can't believe you have three!!! And you have been so busy too - way to go supermom

Matt and Adge said...

Holy Smoke! No wonder I haven't heard from you in a while...you've been so busy. Go Cassie! And for some reason I don't believe it will take a whole lot longer for Beck to see as many baseball games as Cooper...you don't seem to slow down with each kid like most people do :). Beckett is so adorable and, you're right, he does look older than he is. And I still can't believe how much Cooper looks like Grandpa Larson. I love the cute family pictures. You look great!

wurstens5 said...

Wow, tonz of fun. You seem just like me after I have a baby, I love to just get out and do stuff. He is sooo cute, and reminds me of cooper a little bit, at least what I can remember. Hope you are doing well with 3, seeing your little guy, makes me more excited to have my baby, I can not wait.

Tiff Gatten said...

Oh my heck! Sit down will ya woman! It looks like you've been on the go non stop.

Beckett is darling. Very cute pics. I'm glad you are feeling well. 3 kids hasn't slowed you down one bit. You go girl!

The Taylor Family said...

Cassie- How fun- What a cute family- Is having three that easy? I really need to talk to Aaron about one more:) Love you- Genny
I have finally figured out how to make a blog- it is ajngjtaylorfamily@blogspot.com

Haley said...

Isn't it amazing how fast you "get back to life" after your third?! NO time to think, just go, go, go! And I agree that one of the fun things about having baby is all the visitors you get. Now you just need some down time... try to find some if you can!

Wendy Gatten said...

Hi Cassie; It was nice to see your pictures of the new baby. He is really cute.

Fab Five said...

You sure have gusto! All those trips and still smiling! It's funny that he weighs 9.6 now. Carson was 9.8 when he was born. I don't know what's it's like having a normal size baby. :)

Lowd and Proud said...

Hey Cassie...it's Amber. We are changing our blog name to www.lowdandproud.blogspot.com. Love all the pics!!! I am still planning on Vegas. I need to check things with Ryan and buy my ticket. I will let you know soon. Amber

Amber said...

Beckett is so cute, I wish I was there to give him a squeeze. Looks like he has already been a lot of places. It's cool that you guys count all the games. So fun.

Erin Spenc said...

He is just adorable! How sweet. This is Erin Ballstaedt by the way...

Jon and Kari-Lynn Tarleton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jon and Kari-Lynn Tarleton said...

Ok so I swore I would never leave notes on people's blogs I don't know but I'm really wanting to change our background and I LOVE YOURS. I'm wondering how you did it or if you have a sight you went to. If you don't mind me copying you, I'd love to know how you did it. Oh by the way, I'm Jenny Crandall's friend so I'm not a total stranger :)

Elise said...

Cassie, I can't belive everything you've been doing!...actually I can, you're such a go getter! I loved the family pics, you look fantastic, and the boys look so cute! Go take a nap or something, you're making me tired!

Oliver and Keisha said...

Congrats to you guys! He sure is super cute--you are going to be super busy with 3 boys!! :) Your family is super cute!

gregandlaura said...

you are such a trooper taking that new baby everywhere!! He is so cute! And he does look way older than 2 1/2 weeks~!

adrianne s. said...

Beckett is seriously such a handsome little guy and I can't believe how active you are after just having a baby! I think Stella is only a couple of weeks older than him and I am just barely getting back to normal outings. By the way, you look great and I love your hair darker-so sophisticated!

Brooke G said...

Wow, he is really such a cute little guy! You can really see all the personality in his little face!! What a doll! You really do a lot for just having a baby! You guys are quite a handsome little family now, with all those cute boys! I didn't realize your mom stayed an extra week. that must have been awesome! Congrats, he is so cute!

Brynne said...

Cassie, YOU are the trooper! Holy cow! You have been so busy! I bet after it all, you just wanted a big, long NAP. I would. ;) You look great in those 1 week pictures, by the way!! You are so cute. Beckett is a cutie! He has his own look for sure. Andrew is such a good dad with his boys. Miss you guys.

Ben and Laurie said...

Becket is SO cute! I love the names of your boys. It is also fun to see your Nauvoo pics. I can't believe we are moving back to Missouri in a couple of weeks!!