Friday, May 16, 2008

Mother's Day 2008


Yes, Mother's Day this year I was 4 days overdue. I debated going to church, but wanted to see Cooper sing in Sacrament Meeting...and figured I better keep the commandments, so I could maybe get the blessing of getting this baby out!! Despite all the "your STILL here" comments, it was a good sabbath day.

It was especially fun to have my mom here with us. I don't think I've spent Mother's Day with her in 8 years. We had a yummy ham dinner.

The boys got me Guitar Hero for the Wii. I think my mom thought it was a joke, but I actually was really excited. I like it a lot, and it is something we can play together as a family. Cooper has almost mastered the "training...slowest" method. He has a lot of fun watching us play too.


One highlight of the day was being able to talk to my brother Spike, who is serving his mission in Brazil. We had quite the set-up of cell phones, ichat, and speakers so everyone in Coeur d'Alene, St. Louis, Utah, and Portland could hear him AND talk to him. It was really fun, and rather emotional. He sounds like he is really growing up, and is doing some amazing things.


I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful mother and grandmothers to love and look up to. I only hope I can be the kind of mother's they have been to my boys. I love my boys so much, and feel honored to be their mother!

1 comments:

Dominic B said...

Great post, thanks for sharing it