Monday, May 5, 2008

No baby yet...

I am doing my best to not go crazy! :) I don't know why I assumed this baby would come a week early like the others. But, here I sit, 2 days until my due-date. :) I almost went to the hospital Friday night when the contractions kept me up off and on until about 4am...but then they stopped. Saturday and Sunday I hardly felt the baby move, so we went to the hospital after sacrament (leaving the boys at church), and found out he is doing fine! We were relieved! At the hospital I was "soft", 80% effaced, and 2cm dilated. Basically the same as I have been for about 3 weeks now. I am even lower too. I really think it all means about nothing, since I was "high, tight, and dilated to a finger tip" 2 days before I went into labor with Gunner. I really wanted them to keep me, since my doctor was the resident on OB for 24 hours until 7am this morning. But, no, they won't "induce" me until I am 4 cm or a week overdue. I was pretty frustrated Thursday, but have been doing my best to stay busy and be optimistic. :) I have also come down with a terrible chest cold...perfect timing! Andrew gave me a blessing Saturday night. I've felt better about everything since. My mom gets here tomorrow (I thought I'd be home from the hospital by the time she got here :) ). So, for those who care, Andrew has been trying to do "his job" as the nurse put it. I have also been taking Black Cohosh root, an enema, lots of walking, and bought castro oil....still trying to build up the courage to take it. :) I know, probably a little too much info, but WHAT ELSE CAN I DO????

In the meantime...we enjoyed the weekend. The weather has been fantastic. Today it is sunny and 76. Saturday, we went to fly a kite. Cooper had so much fun...Gunner got back in the car because the wind was bugging him. We also ate at Jimmy Johns (or Jimmy Don's as Cooper puts it). I really need to go grocery shopping today since we are out of milk and eggs....I didn't plan food for this far in advance! :)

We also had a fun night bowling with our friends, the Whittles, last week. They are getting stationed in North Dakota May 16th. They will be watching our kids while, or if, we ever have our baby. :) Cooper and Gunner both LOVE Emma!

Wish I could be as easily entertained as Gunner is sometimes. :)

14 comments:

Lane family said...

GOOD LUCK!!! Be careful with the castor oil. I took it with Elle. It didn't do enough to break my water- but it did soften it enough to put a little tear in it. So I walked around with a leaky uterus for 3 days. It caused Elle to be born with a bacterial infection, which lead to 10 days in NICU. So if you do take it- really pay attention to the amount of fluid. If you think it's leaking, there is a really easy litmus type test they can do. I'm sure this was a totally fluky thing- but the doctor did think that it was possibly the oil. Hang it there!!!

Anonymous said...

Cass,

Hopefully new baby comes soon. Do Not take castor oil, usage has been linked to several complications.

Palpation of the nipples helps to release oxytocin, which controls cervical dialation and contrations.

also there are some accupuncture points that have shown to help induce labor in a small percentage of women. most of which reside on the foot

hang in there cass.

luv ya rach robb

Carrie Anne said...

I have seriously been checking your blog all weekend wondering, so thanks for the update for us!:) Good luck! I know you're finally at the time when you're just SO READY for the baby to be born! Soon it will happen! I guess keep walking around...laps and laps should help, right?

Matt and Adge said...

ugh! i keep thinking any minute i'll be getting the call saying you had him! sorry it's taking so long...and so frustrating that they won't induce! the only consulation for me is that just maybe your baby gift won't be late (like your birthday gift will be :)).

Anonymous said...

Cassie-
What a cute site-This is the first time I have had time to look and play around the "net". I think that you should let Heavenly Father decide when #3 will come- I was induced with Kaden and he had to come via c-section. I know it is hard for you and the fam- BUT- just wait- Love you and good luck- Tell me how it is with dealing with 3- I am still talking Aaron into it:)- Our thoughts and prayers are with you- Gennelle

Tiff Gatten said...

Cas, I'm so dang excited for you. My sister had her baby today, and I was there....so freakin' cool! Go see her; She's darling.

Amber said...

All I can say is hang in there. He has got to be here really soon. I was a few days early with both my older two kids and then, like you, I expected my third to be early too. But nope, I was 3 days late with him, so frustrating. However, I was 3 weeks early with my 4th. Every baby varies so much, you never know. So glad your mom arrives tomorrow, your sweet little baby will be here before you know it. Good luck.

Tiff Gatten said...

Star is a wimp! She had drugs before I even got there. They started her. She was due on the 10th.
You'll have that little boy soon. I'm happy your mom will be there. Good luck. I can't wait to see him.

Michelle Baird Designs said...

I was just blogging and thought "I wonder if Cassie had her baby. I'll check her blog. Well, I guess you title says it all. Hang in there.
So fun kite flying. I just posted some picture of my kids kite flying too. Anyways, best of luck with the labor and deliver. Glad it's you and not me. J/K!

NACJMAC said...

Hello Cassie & Andrew- I was so excited to see your blog! You guys look so happy & great! I didn't know you were in St. Louis- Nate was at the same Cardinals game last week (there on business). Anyway, Congrats on your new baby- how fun. It's been way too long since I've seen you guys- when's your next trip to Spokane? Let us know- our blog is nacjmac.blogspot.com

Carissa Poyfair said...

I hope your baby comes soon! I have been checking daily to see if there is a "The Baby's Here" post, so update us as soon as you can. I hear massaging your ankle bone (like what they do at a pedicure) can bring on contractions.

Anonymous said...

sounds like fun....right. but you know what i love...BECKETT

Michelle Baird Designs said...

I think I just saw you comment on Katie's blog. So unless you are blogging while delivering a baby, I guess baby decided to stay in a little longer. Are you dying? Hang in there.

Danna said...

Oh, poor Cass. Those last few days are the worst! You are so funny, with all your home remedies. I am glad to hear that Andrew is doing what he can to help out. :) Hang in there, and keep us posted!