Friday, March 14, 2008

...and so it begins!!!

Yes, it's that time of year. BASEBALL SEASON! Although "opening day" isn't for 17 days here in St. Louis, Andrew is enjoying the Spring Training and buzz. What is the most fun about it, is how excited our boys are! Cooper can't wait to go to the stadium. We went and bought tickets for some games the other day (you have to get them early here in St. Louis...they have amazing fans!), and I think the Team Shop is their favorite place in the mall. We also picked out a shirt for the baby brother, that matches the t-shirt Cooper and Gunner already have. I love that they are "hometown fans", although, they each take batting practice daily, and switch off between being the Indians, Cardinals, Cubs, Red Sox and Pirates.

So, it's on Cooper's mind enough, that the other day when we walked into the library, he said to the librarian, "We're Cardinals fans." She said, "I can see that by your hats (they wear them daily)". He said, "We got tickets to go to a game at the ballpark when my best friend Dirkie comes to visit, but I like the Cardinals, but I don't love them...I love the Pirates, they're my favorite team, and Jason Bay is my favorite player...and, I'm want to play outfield like Jason Bay, but my Dad wants me to be an infielder." Ok, Cooper, a little too much information!

Then, last night (even though Dad has been out of town for a few days and the baseball talk and t.v. has been toned down), he said in his prayer,

"...and we're grateful for the gospel, and we're grateful for the Holy Ghost, and we're glad to be Cardinals fans, and please bless that the Cardinals can beat the Yankees...and we love Jesus..."

I just love how it was sandwiched between all of the "normal, legitimate" prayer items. :)

I can't blame his obsession, because he is his father's son, and he had been to 55 Major League Baseball games at 12 different ballparks...all before he turned 4!

And, just think, another BOY on the way. Good thing I like baseball too! 


Our hopeful plans for this year... to add Milwaukee and Kansas City to our "parks visited". We already have tickets to 6 Cardinals games for this year (can't wait to go with the Bollingers, Bentleys, Gpa and Gma (and Brock clan), and Tanner!). Andrew gets to "work" at one game with the dental squadron. He also gets FREE standing room tickets for being active-duty military...so, I'm sure he'll see a few more. We move August 1, so hopefully we can move somewhere close to some baseball and see a few more games before the season ends. 

3 comments:

Haley said...

It IS a good thing you like baseball too! Love the prayers from Cooper.

The Bentley's said...

cass that is so cute! loved the prayer... i'm sure chris would second it to beat the yankees!! can't wait to ocme see your stadium

Tiff Gatten said...

Ummm, WOW! Y'all have a true love for the sport. That's so cute. I love that you wrote that down. I wish I'd written more of what my boys said when they were little. I hope you get to move somewhere great.

I asked Channy if she was going to play soft ball this year, and she said, "no." She was my last ball player. It's my fav to watch, and now no one will play ball. :(

Channy said she was goin to take "Hip Hop" instead.....could be amusing...we'll see.