Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Bring Spring!


Our March has been full of trying to enjoy the sun...and time it is out! Besides March Madness...we have done a few other fun things. While Andrew was in Atlanta, the boys and I had a picnic at the park. Cooper was so happy to be able to go down the "high pole" now. Gunner was a lot more adventurous...even doing the balance beam, slide races, and jumping off everything.
We also had a fun St. Patrick's Day. The boys had green eggs for breakfast, and we made it to the park with Daddy to feed the ducks. Cooper was so funny about wearing green. When he woke up, I said, "Uh-oh , you're not wearing any green yet...your jammies aren't green!" I got out my "pinchers" and chased him around, and he said, "Wait! I have green on my underwear!" What a smarty!

The boys beg daily to play in the backyard too. They are into golf more this year, and still love to take batting practice. They figured out how to have fun in the tree too.

We made it to the Zoo for the first time this year. We went with our friends the Bollingers. Gunner has asked multiple times a day since to go see the animals again. Cooper loves the penguins. They are really neat. Gunner loved the snakes. I just love that it is FREE! *Thanks Budweiser...the one good thing about beer!* :)

Gunner is really growing up fast. Good thing, cause he won't be the baby much longer! He always has to have his light saber and cape during naps and bedtime...and usually a baseball, teck deck dude, pirate, or some other toy. Whatever helps him sleep at night! He is a great sleeper...usually sleeping until 9 everyday. I am not sure how I am going to handle the lack of sleep when the baby comes! I love Gunner's cute sound effects for everything..."zoom...zoom" with the light saber. Now, if he can just remember not to hit Cooper in the head with it. :) He is also learning the sounds to all the letters, and tonight I said to Cooper, "The letter M doesn't have a sound, does it?" Gunner answered and said, "MMMM...like my pizza...and cake!"

3 comments:

The Bentley's said...

Mother of the YEAR! I swear you do so much fun stuff with your kids! i miss you getting my bootie in gear:( that is so cute about gunner and his light saber and cape. and fun to read your engagment!! can't wait to see you soon!
linds

Anonymous said...

Cass I luv these pictures, you are really good at captureing emotion/ and mood. I like that you don't just take shots of people poseing for pictures. You are really good photographer. miss ya

Rach Robb

The Woodlands Window Tinting said...

Good reading youur post