Sunday, March 16, 2008

TORNADO!






So, some of you have probably heard about the tornado that hit Atlanta Friday. Well, that is where Andrew was at a dental convention...and his hotel was 1 MILE from where it hit. When the power went out in his hotel, he actually went outside to watch the storm. What a smarty! :) That night, he heard the meetings for the next day had been cancelled, because part of the roof had blown off the convention center. It also severely damaged the arena where the NBA game was going on, ripped part of the roof off the Georgia Dome, where the SEC tournament was going on, and knocked windows and skylights out of most buildings. One was the CNN center, that Andrew had toured Wednesday. He brought home a piece of glass as a souvenir, and I can't believe windows that thick could bust out so easily! These are all pictures Andrew walked downtown and took the next day. The big cement pillar, is one of two "olympic torches" that fell in the olympic park.

The one good thing...because the conference was cancelled Saturday, he was able to catch an earlier flight home and got home at 7:30pm, instead of close to midnight.

The ironic thing about this, is the only two bad storms and tornado warnings we have been in before, were also when we were apart from each other. They were both in Oklahoma, and the first he was on a baseball trip, and the second I was at a dental convention. I told him these are all signs that we should never be apart from each other again!

11 comments:

Tiff Gatten said...

What the heck! I think you look little, so whateva! I think the pick of you growing is so darling. Love that.

Make the transportation quilt. Boys are all about transportation their whole lives.

And you'll do just fine with three......or not.*snort*

GoatesGirl said...

Whoa! That's scary. I hate being apart when things like that happen.

You look darling, I hope all continues to go well for you.

B-Hams said...

Wow, those are some crazy pictures! That is so scary I am glad he is okay!

Cassie you are all belly I love it, it is so cute!

Danna said...

That is so scary! I am glad he made it home unscathed. But, those are some pretty crazy pictures. I think you are right, you guys should never be apart!

Carissa Poyfair said...

Those pictures are amazing. I would have been freaking out and wouldn't have even thought about taking pictures!

You are cute pregnant. I can't believe you only have 7 weeks left! And Cooper's prayer had me laughing. I can't believe how many games he's seen!

Unknown said...

Glad that he is okay. Brandon and I were just talking about that tornado the other night. Crazy!

You look so cute pregnant Cassie!

Rachel said...

That is so scary! Glad he didn't get hurt. Cool pictures of the windows though. You look so cute in your maternity pics. I can't believe only 7.5 weeks left! Hope everything goes well!

Brynne said...

That is so crazy! That seriously is a sign...never be apart! I'm sure you both would go nuts! haha, or at least I would. No girl's weeks?!! Just kidding. But really, glad he is okay.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I didn't even hear about a tornado in Atlanta! That's crazy! Glad he made it home to you safe and sound.

Well, I didn't think 3 kids was much different from 2. Honestly, unless you are going somewhere, like to the grocery store, it's not too crazy. (I don't take my 3kids to any type of store by myself unless I'm in desperate need of something!) Don't be worried. You'll be a pro at it!

Brooke G said...

Scary, I didn't know he was there during that!

Michelle Baird Designs said...

I have been in a tornado and they are FREAKY. So glad Andrew is safe. By the way, we heard about major flooding in Missouri, did that affect you at all?