Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Celebrating 8 years...on the 8th...in 2008...AND Beckett is 8 weeks old today.

Happy Anniversary Honey!!!

I feel sorry for all of you who didn't get to marry the BEST husband in the world. :) I really can't imagine my life without you. You make such cute babies too...and are an amazing Dad to them. And an amazing help to their mom. I can't imagine my life without you. Here's a little flashback of our

8 GREAT

years. It was harder than I thought to find pictures with both of us in them. All of our pictures are of our kids! Thanks for everything honey. I love you.

2 months after we met...setting up the Gatten Christmas tree before I "ditched" him to go to BYU for a semester. We met in the Library at North Idaho College, where he played baseball, and I played soccer. His pick-up line: "Are you Mormon?" (He had seen me at an institute fireside).

One of the many baseball trips to Utah...this happens to be the trip to UVSC, the day after we got engaged (6 months after meeting).

Engagement pictures in Rexburg. Traveled to Ricks with his sister Aimee for his baseball series. She took our pictures.

Rafting with the Gattens 4th of July...the weekend before we got married.

Spent our first year of marriage in this duplex in flat Oklahoma...where he played baseball and I dental assisted.

Back in Utah to attend BYU.

2nd year at BYU
I graduated in Public Relations, and he graduated in Neuroscience. He worked at the gym, and I worked for the Utah Commission on Volunteers.

Off to Cleveland for dental school at Case Western Reserve University. Pregnant with Cooper. I worked at the dental school until Cooper was 15 months old. This is a picture of our 1st game at Jacobs field.

1st of MANY trips to Palmyra and Niagara Falls, NY. This is in the Sacred Grove. We visited Winter Quarters, Liberty, Independence and Nauvoo on our drive to Cleveland. We LOVED living in the Kirtland Stake too. We really gained testimonies of the early saints through all of this church history.

1st trip to Pittsburgh. Pregnant with Cooper. While married, we've been to over 60 Major League Baseball games, and to 12 different stadiums.

We're parents! (3 1/2 years into marriage). Blessed Cooper Christmastime 2003.

Fenway Park. Trip to Heshey, Gettysburg, Boston, and New York City with our best buds, the Bentleys. May 2004. Cooper 6 months.

One of many trips to Pittsburgh. September 2004. Cooper 10 months

Mexican Riviera Cruise with Gatten parents, siblings and spouses. December 2004.

1st formal night on cruise

2nd formal night.Peurto Vallarta. It was fun to return to the place where we honeymooned!

Brynne and Jon's wedding. March 2005. Cooper 16 months.

Trip to Washington D.C, Baltimore and Philadelphia with the Bentleys. May 2005. Cooper 18 months.


7 months pregnant with Gunner. Cooper 23 months old.

Our new family of FOUR! Gunner 2 weeks old.

Trip to St. Louis and Chicago. Outside Wrigley Field. May 2006. Cooper 2 1/2, Gunner 5 months.

Fall 2006. Cooper 3, Gunner 10 months.

Me and my AMAZING husband!

Dental School Graduation. April 2007. Cooper 3 1/2, Gunner 15 mos.

Indians Opening Day April 2007

Graduation trip to Cancun. May 2007

May 2007. Getting ready to leave Cleveland and head to Scott Air Force Base, near St. Louis, for a 1-year AEGD residency. (Advanced Education in General Dentistry). Cooper 3 1/2, Gunner 17 mos.

Fall 2007 in St. Louis. Cooper 4, Gunner almost 2.

Our new family of FIVE with adorable baby Beckett added 2 months ago. Now getting ready to move this month to Whiteman Air Force Base near Kansas City for the next 2 years.



9 comments:

Cairen said...

That was so fun to see all those pictures of you guys, its so weird.. but you look way younger in the more recent pictures. So whatever you are doing please let us in on the secret!
Congratulations on 8 happy years!

Cairen said...

I forgot to ask... what was the name of the site/program that you can use to print off your blog?

Tiff Gatten said...

Congrats you 2. Cas, you get more beautiful with time...lucky girl.

Brooke G said...

Wow, that was awesome. I don't think Tom and I have taken that many pictures together our whole marriage (or at least, pictures that I would like to show!) You are both so photogenic! That was really cute!

Ben and Laurie said...

I LOVE your family history in photos like that. What a darling family you guys have. thanks for sharing!

Amber said...

I absolutely love this post. It was great to see all these photos of you guys and your family that I haven't seen. Congrats on 8 yrs. You have such a cute family.

the landreths said...

that was a gr8 post :). I had to do it before adge did--she's so
cr8tiv! :) That was really fun to read and see all the pictures of you guys. I'm impressed you have all those and that thye are accessible enough to put in a blog entry. Happy Anniversary!

sara said...

Congrats on 8 yrs. So fun to see the pictures of you guys and how your life has changed in those years. You still look happy.

Kreller Kaboodle said...

Cassie!! You and your blogs are amazing!! I love all of them!! Congrats on 8 years of marriage!! how cool! This year is only my 3rd anniversary to my hubby in September! You are so beautiful and blessed to have such a great guy who loves you so much and three beautiful children!!