Friday, July 25, 2008

Rend Lake Beach with the Bollingers

We had a blast last Saturday at the beach. We went to Rend Lake, about 1 hr. 20 min. southeast of here. It had a big sandy beach, and the water was a perfect temperature. We spent about 4 hours at the beach, playing in the sand and swimming. Even Beckett loved the water. Gunner is getting really good at swimming with his floaties. It was kind of an overnight thing. He's pretty proud of himself.


The Whole Crew
(Kayla, Andrew, Alex, Melanie, Bronson, Trent, Gunner, Beckett, Andrew, Cooper)

Then we went to a picnic area and had a campfire. We ate tinfoil dinners, which included some fresh squash from Dr. Yaccino's garden. Melanie introduced us so campfire apples. You core and apple and put butter, cinnamon, and brown sugar in the middle, wrap it in foil, and cook it over the fire. They were yummy! And of course we had s'mores. Cooper could have roasted a thousand marshmallows. He was really into it.

We also went fishing. We could see the fish jumping, but didn't catch any. I don't think we had the right tackle.

8 comments:

Matt and Adge said...

that looks so fun! i LOVE campfire food. we'll need to try those campfire apples next time.

Brynne said...

What a fun trip! The food looks good too. I love the pictures. That's cute about Gunner with his floaties. I like his buzz, too! Cade swims with floaties, too. They have so much more control than with a lifejacket. Miss you.:(

adrianne s. said...

Oooh, I love that last photo! I'm definitely going to try those campfire apples, but I don't think we are ever going to go camping again. I guess we'll have to dig a fire pit in our backyard and try it out there.

The Taylor Family said...

I want to try those apples, Kaden and Katelynn LOVE apples. Cassie- I so want to come to the blessing and the fair this year, but there are so many other things that we have planned. BUT, Aaron did mention that he wants to go next year, so I have written it in stone and we will be there. Hopefully you all could come too!! Love Ya-
P.S.- I loved your announcments, who do you go through for digital scrapbooking?

Tracey said...

As always it looks like you two (or 5) are having so much fun! I'm so jealous of your Lonestar concert, what a blast! I think we are going to borrow your idea of trading off year to year, that sounds perfect!

510Jen said...

How fun I love camping. I love the last picture of your husband fishing. What a fun little anniversary outing. Lonestar lovem.

J

Brooke G said...

That all looks so beautiful. it was great to read all about you and what you guys are up to. I am sorry about your friend, Karen. My neighbor a few houses down lost on baby at 20 weeks 2 summers ago, and then last summer lost her daughter at delivery. Then the RS lesson on Sunday was on coping with grief and so forth, and she was sitting by me. We had so many tears. It is heart-wrenching and as mothers, our hearts just ache for the mothers that have lost babies.

Brooke G said...

p.s., those group photos are so cute with the words. How do you do that?