Sunday, July 20, 2008

In love at LONESTAR!

It was "my year" to plan our anniversary date. It seems less stressful to only worry about it every other year, and fun to plan it for the other person. This year we had some friends along (Andy and Lisa Johnson), and brought Beckett too. 


We rode the metro downtown to the "Fair at St. Louis". We ate at an outdoor cafe set up at the war memorial. It was catered by a BBQ restaurant. While we were eating, the news cameramen interviewed Andy. We ate with a view of the stage, where a band opened for....LONESTAR! We had put down a blanket right by the stage before we went to dinner, and it was STILL THERE when we went back for the concert. The concert was a blast. I had Beckett in the Bjorn the whole time, with a blanket wrapped around his ears, and my hands pushing on his ears, so Dad could relax about him going deaf. :) 
Rockin' out with the Johnsons!

My favorite song..."Amazed". So romantic to dance with my Honey to it. 

It was also really neat to have them sing "I'm Already There", and dedicate it to the servicemen.... particularly because I have met so many of them, and so many of their families who are alone while they are deployed. This past year in the Air Force has been an eye-opening experience. We truly are blessed to have the freedoms we enjoy, and they are only because of great sacrifices.
Autograph time!

After the concert they had a firework show (to music) off of an old building across the park. It was one of the best shows I've seen. Very romantic too. :) 
I got him a cowboy hat to wear... but we took it back because I didn't know he felt dumb in them. :) He was AMAZING, and made me a slideshow of his "favorites" from the last 8 years. It was really fun to bring back memories, and realize how lucky I am to have an amazing husband...and 3 cute boys! I woke up to a note telling me to open his computer, and a bouquet of fresh picked daisies in a napkin....my favorite. (don't worry our neighbors have moved out before he picked them from out of their yard :) ) 

I love you honey! And, don't worry everyone, Beckett can still hear fine. :)

7 comments:

Meghann said...

I love Lonestar! I know what you mean about protecting your baby's ears. I took Lucy to some LOUD football games when she was just a few weeks old. I hope she doesn't have any serious damage.

Matt and Adge said...

wow, what a fun anniversary date!! you know how to plan 'em! I can't believe it's already time for you to move. It's probably about the time you feel like you really know people and now you get to do it all again. and go andrew...star of the baseball team! sounds like some fun family time.

Tyler and Mikin Morton said...

It looked like so much fun, and I wish we were with you there. I love Lonestar... But not as much as I love you guys. Give the boys kisses. Love you!
Gig sis.

adrianne s. said...

How fun! That's a great idea to alternate years of planning it- that way someone is always responsible so you are going to do something great each year! I'll have to tell Jared about that and make this "his year" since our anniversary is next month!

Nicole said...

Happy Anniversary!
Looks like a lot of fun
Keep in touch!

Brynne said...

I'm so jealous! What a fun anneversary. You are always full of the best ideas, Cass!

Ben and Laurie said...

You are so cute Cassie! I love seeing the fun ideas you do with your family. My favorite is still the pics you posted of your years together. I'm going to copy that for our 10th this year if I can find enough photos (from before we went digital). It's fun to keep up with you guys!