Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Father's Day 2008

I am so lucky to have such an amazing husband. He is so helpful, loving, forgiving, and fun. I know he knows what a great dad he is by the way the boys get so excited and tackle him each time he comes home. He is always coveted by other kids in our neighborhoods, because he is setting up a baseball game, or playing with them somehow, outside, pretty much every night. No wonder he is their favorite! :)

I was rude, and left for the week, beginning the day before Fathers Day. The boys and I got his "presents" ready before I left for Girls Week in Las Vegas. Cooper was so excited to get them out of the closet on Father's Day. It was a puzzle made out of the picture below...and each present he unwrapped had a new piece to the puzzle...don't worry, I wasn't this creative on my own...I stole the idea from a friend (thanks adge!). You can click to enlarge the collage...but it has pictures from throughout the year of Andrew and his boys. Unfortunately, I stole one of his boys, Beckett, and took him with me to Girls Week. Poor Andrew had to do Dad duty on his own, on the day we were supposed to be spoiling him. Thanks Tanner for taking this picture of them after church.

Thanks honey for being the best Daddy ever! Our boys are so lucky.

Now a shout out to my own Dad...the amazing Steve...pictured below with 8 of his 9 children and spouses, and 17 of his NOW 20 grandchildren! You would think sheer numbers would lessen the impact my dad has on each of us, but he manages to make each one of us feel special. I feel I have had a special bond with my Dad. Some of my favorite memories have been with him...hiking 50 miles in the Mallard Larkins...rafting...fishing...hunting...skiing...the list could go on and on. He truly is one of my best friends. He was always supportive of all of us in our many activities, and always challenged us to do our best. I am so greatful for his spiritual side to. He has taught me so much about the Gospel. He is a great example to so many. I feel lucky he is "Papa" to my boys too. They love him, and look up to him. I have never met a more gracious person either. He would give anyone the shirt off his back. Thanks Dad, for being the best Dad ever! I couldn't have picked a better one. :)


I am so blessed to have an amazing Father-in-law too. I was welcomed as a daughter with open arms. Andrew talks often about his Dad being his best friend. Andrew didn't have a brother, so I think the bond with his Dad goes even deeper. Greg is an amazing spiritual giant, and makes everyone feel special, and important. He has a talent for that. He also has a great sense of humor. My kids love their Grandpa Larson, and they look forward to his practical jokes and fun. Thanks for everything Greg!

4 comments:

adrianne s. said...

Awww! What a nice tribute to Andrew and your dads! Lucky Beckett to be able to go to girls weekend with you! I am dreaming of a vacation-not that I necessarily need one, just that a break from routine, mundane tasks sound nice!

Sarah said...

what an adorable idea. Where did you send in for the puzzle? Definitely a must for next year. Your boys are so cute and getting big. Three boys looks like fun. Hope you are having a great summer and staying cool and busy.

Tiff Gatten said...

What a loving tribute to the men in your life. I love the puzzle idea. Where do I get this done? Very cool idea.

The Bentley's said...

TOo fun!!! ANdrew is lucky to have you... sorry i missed your call yesterday:( Cna't wait to hear about vegas!