Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Our *4th of July*

What a fun weekend we had, especially having Dad around for an extra day. On the morning of the 4th, we started talking to the boys about what the 4th means. Cooper went to the closet and grabbed the flag (which we forgot was in there), and said, "We need to hang this on our house!". So glad he remembered!
Then we sang the National Anthem. He knew just about all of it...thanks to so many baseball games. :) We also practiced the Pledge of Allegiance. I really am so grateful for our freedoms. Especially our Freedom to worship what we may...which allows us to have the gospel in our lives. 


Thanks for the t-shirts Grandma!

We went fishing at Scott Lake here on the Air Force Base. They plant fish there...which makes it especially fun for the kiddos. I think Cooper caught 8 fish, and Gunner 4, in about an hour. :) I've heard there are bigger catfish and bass too, but we just went for the little ones. There are tons of turtles too, which is fun, and we ran into a new family in our ward.

Then we made sure we got a long nap, so we could all be happy for the fireworks that night. We went to Mascoutah, a little town about 10 miles away. They had a fun little fair, a live band (which Gunner rocked out to the disco medley with), yummy food, fire trucks, and fun.
Cooper was bummed they made him ride with Dad, but still had fun.



We got a great parking spot too, and had fun watching the fireworks. Gunner was scared at first, but did fine with hands over his ears. At the end he said, "I did it! I like fireworks!".

We forgot a lighter, so Cooper ran up to someone who was smoking and said, "Can I have a light?". He looked at him funny and said, "Where are your dad and mom?". We laughed and said we were were there, and it was ok to give him fire. :) We finished up our fireworks at our house a few days later. Gunner stayed in the house by himself, and Cooper is a pyro. :)
 

Cooper with his favorite color firework...green!

3 comments:

Shawny said...

Hey, you guys look great. Your one up on us. Two little guys are enough right now though. Your boys look like they are a handfull and fun. Ya, Boise, if you make it this way, come say hi. I am working as a Property manager. Hope everything is treating you guys good. Tell everyone hi for me.
-Derek

Brynne said...

Looks like such a fun day! I love how you have all the cute outfits. The first pic. of Beckett is so cute!! he already looks different. What a fun day with all of you!

TiAnn said...

Hello Team Larson,
Cassie your boys are so big! Tiann and I are having a great time here in Boise. I work in the Athletic Department at Boise State. I am working on my masters through Idaho State in Athletic Administration. I really enjoy my job, lots of fun. Hope all is well, you have a beautiful family. Have Fun!! Paul