Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Our Middle Man


I already feel like Gunner is a middle man, now that Beckett is around and requires so much attention, and Cooper demands so much attention. Our little independent Gunner sometimes gets neglected. He doesn't seem to mind, but I wanted to do a post about him, so he knows how much we love him!


Our Gunner at 2 1/2
  • Best friend is his brother Cooper...although they have a hard time doing anything except playing fight, wrestling, boxing. Always until one of them gets hurt. 
  • Loves being a big brother to Beckett and often says, "I need to see that guy." Loves to squeeze his hands and cover him in toys.
  • Loves sports, but actually likes golf and bowling best. Loves baseball and basketball too. Often sleeps with is golf clubs.
  • Favorite color: Blue
  • Always finds the dirt...especially at Andrew's softball games. Jumps at any opportunity to go outside. Also enjoys bike rides, fishing, and sometimes swimming. 
  • Favorite toys: light saber, golf clubs, mitt and balls, mini bowling set, Tek Dek Dudes (skateboarders), mitt and ball, mini hero "guys", superman/batman cape, matchbox cars from movie "Cars", pirates, Leapster, Wii (Wii Sports and Guitar Hero are his favorite games), Nintendo DS (golf is his favorite game),  any books he can get you to read to him
  • Favorite foods: mini muffins, pancakes, eggs, corn dogs, cookies, pop, popcorn, chicken nuggets, grapes, string cheese, chocolate milk
  • Loves nursery... always runs in and says, "Hey guys!"
  • Still loves to sleep, and still sleeps in his crib. Sleeps until 8:30-9:30am everyday, and takes a good 2-3 hour nap. Always wakes up happy (unlike his brother). Takes different toys to bed each night.
  • Won't leave the house without a hat on.
  • Loves music and dancing. Loves The Chipmunks.
  • Gunner is so INDEPENDENT. He likes to do everything he can without help. He also will play so well by himself. 
  • He is an ORGANIZER, and is always lining up or stacking up toys, creating little play areas, compartmentalizing, or running his little skateboarders all over the house. 
  • He is also PICKY about what toy, hat, shoes, blanket, etc. he has, and it is never the same things. He throws spontaneous fits, but luckily he excuses himself to his room to cry, and then comes out and says, "I'm all done cryin' mom". It really is amazing how his moods can change so quickly for bad or good.
  • He is OBSERVANT, and will notice things are missing, and spot things from the car...like cranes, animals, trucks, etc.
  • Loves animals. Loves the Zoo and Grant's Farm, notices all animals, and LOVES when owners will let him pet their dogs (unlike Cooper who is self-proclaimed "nervous" around animals).
  • Has peed and pooped on the toilet, but doesn't want to potty train. He throws fits for his "reward" cars, but stops crying for them when you tell him he has to poop on the potty to get them. I guess no reward is worth it yet. I am all about waiting until he's ready.
  • He is such a SWEET boy, and we still love when Gunner will CUDDLE, which is getting less. He always says "Love you Mom", and "Please & Thank You", and "You're the best". He is my "Budda-Bud". 
  • Other favorite things to say:
Oh
No
Huh?
I did it!
I rock!
Can I go outside?!
No...I do it!
I need my hat! 
I need my mitt!
He definitely holds his own during fights with Cooper and Dad. Here he is "on top"...







Gunner had his first trip to the dentist (Daddy). He only complained a few times, but still let Andrew do what he needed to do. A few days later Andrew said he had to go back to work after lunch, and Gunner said, "I not want to go to the dentist!". 
Andrew said, "you're not going to the dentist bud."
"I don't like dentists."
"You don't like me? I'm a dentist.:
"I like you here Dad" (meaning at home...not at the dental office).

1 comments:

Tiff Gatten said...

Whoohoo Gunner, I hate the dentist too. *high five man* ha, ha. Gunner, YOU ROCK!

He is so cute. I love that he sleeps with his golf clubs. Gunner and I have a lot in common. Man, I really miss this age.